cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner function;Partner procedure; Partner object; Procedure assignment??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we check T-code: VOPA, we could find below:

Partner function(Partner type inside);

Partner procedure;Procedure details;Procedure assignment;

Partner object(Customer Customer Master;Sales Document Header Sales Document Item..etc)

Account Group;

Anybody could explain clearly on above relations? Would be better if could attach an example by connecting to XD01 creating customer master data, especially the useage of Account Group.

thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

by assigning partmer proceedure to your account grooup you are defining what partner functions can be included in you customer master. and assignment of partner function to account group is used to connect the partner functions they may belong to same account group or to some other accouont group to your customer master.

you can try doing this

create a partner proceedure and add some partner functions to it and assign this partner proceedure to newly made account group. now dont assign the partner functions to the account group.

now create a customer using the newly created account group.

if you check the partner functions you will be able to see the partner functions but will not be able to see any date on customer number field. this is because you have not assigned partner functions to the account group. once you do the assignment you will be able to see the customer number.

hope this answers your query.

regards,

Krishna Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh...one more findings...

When i check the relation between 'Partner object' and 'Procedure assignment' and found only in Customer master, the procedure is assigned to Account group...

-

Customer Master--->Procedure assigned to Account group.

Sales Document Header--->Procedure assigned to Sales doc.type

Sales Document Item--->Procedure assigned to item category

Delivery

Transport

Billing Header

Billing Item

-

So means in each different level, the procedure is determined by different condition...

My questions is still on second post..Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's take kinds of example like this..

I went to an bookstore, bought an book and got the invoice. Then i paid the money, the book is deliveried to me.

Analysis this business process:

Partner type:

I as an person who purchase goods, so i should belong to partner type Customer.

Bookstore sell goods, they should belong to partner type Vendor...

Partner function:

I as an customer but also play roles like pay the amount, receive the invoice..etc

As an customer, i am function like an Sold-To Party.

I pay the amount, then i function like an Payer.

I receive the invoice , then i function like an Bill-to Party.

Also i got the book from bookstore, then i founction like Ship-To Party.

All above function belong category:Customer.

So in SAP system, VOPA, i need first define corresponding partner function, and assign it to partner type.

Partner object:

Partner object is Customer master;Sales document Header,Sales document item..etc

We define above mentioned Partner functions into corresponding partner object, also we need define Partner procedure and assing account group inside it, so as ?????

Sorry, i think idont know what Partner procedure works? And why we need PArtner procedure??

Seems partner procedure is related with Account Group...

I remembered we had assign the Partner function to Account Group once, why we still need Partner procedure to Account Group again???? Coz inside PArtner procedure is partner function...

And what imapct when we creating customer master data XD01 or processing sales order..Billing document...

Hope could kindly help to clear my doubt......

Thank you very much!