cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poviding inpiut to datasource from output of another datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hv two datasources, bapis to be precise. The output of one bapi(A) provides the input to the other bapi [BAPI B - provides me the data for display on iview].

i hv a datalink connected from output port of A to input port of B and mapped the fields as well. However, this doesnt seem to work!

I tried setting guard condition to true, no events are required in this case, but tried this too..The data does not seem to be transferred from A to B.

I tried saving the output of A to a datasource and then mapping this to B, but this didn't work either..

I'm stumped, this is quite simple, but am i missing something here? Would appreciate any advice here, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have not mapped the o/ps and the i/ps fields of the two bapis.

Please try to follow this:

1.> Create a signal out with 1st bapi output and select the fields which you want to set as the inputs for the second Bapi.Do not forget to name the event as the same name which you have given to trigger the 1st bapi.

2.> Create a signal in and mention the same fields which you have given in the signal out. Then link it with the input of the 2nd Bapi.

3.> Then Drag the form from the 2nd bapi to display the output.

It will work when the output of the 1st bapi and the inputs of the 2nd bapi are same.

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will work unrtill unless ,the Data types of the Fields what you are mapping should be same.

Check the data types of corrresponding fiileds

and check the DATASERVICEsby using testdataservice option

Regards,

Govindu