cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory Authentication plugin could not authenticate at this time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am integrating Business Objects 3.0 and Windows AD, I keep getting error "Active Directory Authentication plugin could not authenticate at this time", not sure what is causing it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyla,

Please post BO Administration questions in the [Admin forum|; for maximum response.

Also please see the [XI 3.0 Administration Guide (find kerberos)|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir3/en/xi3_bip_admin_en.pdf]

In 3.0 you will have to configure your JAS (Java Application Server) for kerberos. In this case tomcat.

The steps to do this are documented in the 3.0 guide. You will also need a Microsoft service account to run the SIA/CMS (also in the guide).

Regards,

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

TIm,

I followed the Guide and performed all the necessary steps.

1. Set service account.

2. Set SPN.

3. Add the files for kerberos.

4. configure web.xml.

I still keep getting errors when I log into CMC and also infoview.

-Shyla

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyla,

If you have trouble implementing those steps it's usually best to open a message with support as troubleshooting can be complex.

1) verify krb5 and bsclogin by performing kinit (should be in the guide)

in the c:\program files\business objects\javasdk\bin type kinit username

it will prompt for pw and enter let me know if ther is an error

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem of Shyla

When i perform: kinit username and enter the password, there is no an error.

I configure the krb5.ini and bscLogin.conf files.

When i login to InfoView show me this error: "Account Information Not Recognized: The Active Directory Authentication plugin could not authenticate at this time. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact your technical support department. "

And when i login to Designer: "Security server failed to decrypt the Kerberos ticket sent by the client. Contact your system administrator to make sure Kerberos authentication is configured properly. "

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

both of those failures seem to be pointing towards the service account running the CMS not being configured correctly.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim

It's working fine now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What did you have to do to get this to work properly? I followed all the steps and still can not get in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevermind... my server admin has a typo in the spn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was having the same issue. I was getting no errors using the kinit, enabled debugging and saw ticket was being created. However I started reading carefully and since I'm on a Win 2000 domain I need to use DES. So I had to add to my kbr5.ini this

default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc

default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc

And voila AD authentication started working.

Hope it helps anyone.

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A better option would be to upgrade the java SDK to 1.5 instead of using DES. Many network admins will not allow DES and it usually generates errors in Microsoft domain controller logs

Just FYI

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

the same problem..

i couldt find a solution