Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hon can i do Table Paging?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a new web dynpro developer.

I want a table without scrolling and put on footer a paging buttons, but i don't know how i do this.

I don't found in any tutorials or threads.

Anyone can help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Brand,

for TechEd '08 I prepared the lecture COMP204 "[Best Practices for Optimizing Web Dynpro Java Application Performance|http://www.sapteched.com/emea/edu_sessions/session.htm?id=1168]" where I describe a quite unknown and undocumented table paging solution minimizing memory consumption on serverside (controller context):

- highly reduced memory consumption by retrieving displayed table records on demand and caching them on Web Dynpro server side

- rapid initial table display based on minimized number of records initially retrieved from the backend

- exact table page navigation based on reading scrolltips in vertical table scrollbar (NetWeaver CE 7.1)

The solution is also applicable in NW 7.0.

I'm currently writing a new SDN article on [Web Dynpro Java Table Paging Unleashed: Optimizing Heavy Table Performance| ] to be published befor SAP TechEd '08 starts in Berlin (October 14 - 16).

Stay tuned!

Regards, Bertram

Edited by: Bertram Ganz on Nov 28, 2008 9:11 AM, added link to published WebLog on Web Dynpro Java table paging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow

That's nice!!

I'm goint to wait to this article. It's very usefull.

Thanks to the notice.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please go through this this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0e10426-77ca-2910-7eb5-d7d8982c...

u will get ur answer

Regards

Ruturaj

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

You can control the visible table lines with property 'visible row count' of your table. Also set property 'Footer Visible' to true. Whenever the number of rows go beyond the 'Visible Row Count' property value, the paging options will appear on the table footer.

You can learn a lot about WD tables with [this tutorial|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90ac0015-d1c5-2a10-d788-aed89990811d].

Hope this helps.

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i did this.

The propery of the table:

- visibleRowCount : 5

- footerVisible: true

Whem the nuber of rows go beyond of 5, don't appear the paging in the footer, however, the scrolling appear.

A did this tutorial, all is ok, except the table paging.

That is very strange, because in many threads i saw the same solution, but tome, don't work.

Please, help me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using Web Dynpro of NetWeaver CE?

If yes, the paging buttons like the prior version won't be showed.

See it if your case: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30291df2-b980-2a10-0884-839c4f7f...

Instead was introduced the "Provide scroll tip for scroll status (index scroll tips)"

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actualy, i use this version:

- SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP03 PAT0000

I must implement the button Paging if i need them, right?

I don't undertand why they exclude this recourse in a new version of SAP NW. This is a good recourse and very usefull.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've read that it was removed do improve performance with Asynchronous Data Load. But I haven't more details, maybe someone of SAP can say more about it.

But I think that to implement it you'll need to know details about the Data Load strategy.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In version 7.1 the paginator buttons have been replaced by a real scrollbar. Your application has to do nothing.

Armin

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Armin,

If I drag the scrollbar down with mouse, I can see changing text like 'Row 1-5 of 25' and so on. What exactly is the use of TableScrollTipProvider then? Is there some tutorial available for Tables in CE 7.1?

Thanks,

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can provide your own scroll-tips. For example if you have a table that displays a directory structure you could display scroll-tips like "Scroll to folder xyz", "Scroll to file xyz" etc.

I don't know if there exists already a tutorial with the NW 7.1 table features. At least Javadoc should exist.

Armin