cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Form - Field on every page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a smartform already in use. I need to change it such that the delivery number apears on all pages printed at the top right corner. Currently the delivery number is being printed in the first page at a different location. I only need to make a change to print the delivery number at top right corner of all the pages being printed except the first page.

Regards,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Lavanya has said create a secondary window and place it at the top right corner clicking on Form painter.

Now in the editor of that window write the delivery no. variable.

To restrict the display on the first page click on the Conditions tab of this secondary window at the bottom check the second chekbox (Not on first page).

Now this delivery no will be displayed on all the pages except first page.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Include delivery number in a new window and put this new window under main window and set conditions / output options where we have check box , dont display on first page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

Thanks for the reply.

But iam still confused.

Currently the smart form consists of 2 pages - first page and next page.

In the next page I have header window, main window and footer window.

Shall I create 2 text fields in the main window. one with text delivery and the other with field delivery number. or do i need to create someother waz. let me know.

Regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu

Create only one window with text and value to be displayed in secondary window and include secondary window in main window of page1 and set conditions dont display on first page. This seconday window will be copied to main window of second page too...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit and Lavanya,

Thanks for your reply. I still did not understand what to do as I am new to smartforms. I have 2 pages for the smartform. one is first page and the other is next page. I think everzthing is fine with first page.I have header window, main window and footer in the next page.

So do I need to add the secondarz window in the header window of the next page. please guide me.

Thanks,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

But I dont need the delivery number on the first page. I need it onlz in the subsequent pages.

regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

add seondary window in first page as part of main window, same will be carried to 2nd page too.

yeah delivery number will not come on first page b'coz u will be checking the check box under conditions tab saying dont display on first page

Edited by: Lavanya K on Aug 13, 2008 8:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

there is no header window in the first page. I need to add the deliverz number at top right corner of all pages except the first one. You told me to add secondarz window in the main window of page 1 but main window dows not start at the top. Above main window in the first page there are information window and header logo.

regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

In addition to Information window and the Logo window you can add a new secondary type window and add the delivery no object in the editor of that window. Or If you are creating next page separately then in that page you can create that window and add the variable.

For the First case you need to add the condition in the condition tab of the window as not on first page and for the Second case no need to give the condition as the page will starts as second page.

Hope you will get it.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sujit and lavanya.

I assigned points to both of you.

Regards,

B