cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest what's the process of deleting WBS's which are having transactional data posted against them. I know we have to set a deletion flag and then archive those projects etc.

But could anyone explain it in a little bit of details. Appreciated.

Thanks.

BS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

The status DLFL (deletion flag) can be set when:

- project settlement is completed or not relevant for the WBS element

- all orders for the WBS element havve the deletion flag also

- no commitments are on the WBS element

- nothing else active that build obligations on the element

Check transactions CJI3 and CJI5 for cost and obligation.

The relevant and explaining help.sap.com site is for system status on WBS elements http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/de/ee/41f82246ee11d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. Thanks for your input.

But after setting the deletion flag (all the releveant conditions are met as jens mentioned), what's the next step to archive it or to completely get rid of those WBS's i.e. We don't need those WBS's for any kind of reporting or tracking on it. What's the procedure of getting those WBS's out of the system which I believe can be done by archiving. But how?

Hope it directs you to answer my question.

BS.

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well. I'm not too deep in Archiving. It is done in three steps as far as I know:

- Creation of archive files

- Storage of those files

- Deletion from the data base

Deletion happens in transaction SARA.

Documents on how to can be found on

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/53/29d6f3a3bb11d1a59e0000e82de7c3/frameset.htm

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/2e/9396345788c131e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

I hope this helps a little.

Best regards.

Jens

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Sometimes coincidences appear. I had to do the same on a development machine and can give you a short guide to archive administration SARA.

In transaction FILE you start to define a logical file path and a logical file name for archiving.

You go over to transaction OAC0 and define a Content Repository for your archive.

In transaction SARA you go into customizing the object specific settings and enter your defined parameters.

If you have set all objects to a status closed or deletion flag your archive run should delete the projects. It is a little bit fizzy because it involves as well Basis as well as Process knowledge to do such.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to set the 'deletion indicator' for the objects to be relevent fot archiving.

There are too things deletion flag which you already have done... There is a deletion indicator as well.

Explore this 'deletion Indicator' :). I am afraid I just a vague idea.

hope you get a lead from this

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per my knowledge, you can't set deletion flag for any WBS element for project while single transaction is exists for WBS element.

If you want to delete WBS element, Please remove all transaction, which are created against WBS element.

Please delete all transaction reference of WBS element, than try to delete WBS element.

Regards,

Mahesh.