cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Basic ESOA question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a REAL newbie to ESOA. So my question is very basic.

I am looking to develop an application that makes a web call using SOAP or XML to a service within the SDN ES Workplace. I don't care what it does there except I want it to be meaningful, like retrieiving a list of customers or vendors or GL balances, or whatever. The application making a web call would not have any SAP software installed on it. No SAPGUI, No Visual Composer, nothing from SAP. It's just a pure web client that can make a SOAP and/or XML call.

So, first of all is that even technically possible? Is that what the ES Workplace all about?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Wardell,

Yes, it is possible to call any enterprise service available in SDN ES workplace without have any SAP tool. That is a basic rule of consuming webservice. But you need to have proper information about the end points and authorizations to call that service. then only you can call a webservice, irrespective of that in which technology it is build.

Hope this will answer you Q.

regards,

Adish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adish (and others),

This is great news and what I had hoped.

How is the concept of "logon" and "authorization" handled? Is it via a web service call also?

Thanks to everyone for their replies!!

Wardell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wardell,

SOA is an architecture. The way u would retrieve any web service or wsdl remains the same as u would have done it in normal PI/XI.

SOA/ESOA is a technique in which the same interface would be developed in an more efficient and reusable way.

the building block remains the same as in PI.

Have u worked on SOAP adapters..?

the concepts of authorizations take place in similar way...

hope this clears ur query a bit.

regards,

Vishal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wardell,

It is definitely possible. You will first need to know the wsdl of whichever service you are trying to access. This you can do by visiting the service repository of your ESOA server. The typical url for accessing service repository is

http://<server>:<port>/sr

This part of the SOA has to be deployed on SAP infrastructure. But it can be accessed by any non-SAP system.

Once you have the wsdl then you can use any webservice development toolkit to develop your webservice client.

Search SDN for Enterprise SOA development handbook.

Regards,

Vandana.