cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Documents and DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario : Our Business requirement is that an external guy shall be uploading documents through SAP EP. which has to come and sit in DMS. Can anyone throw some light on this scenario and give me some best practices on how to about desigining this. Also One more question is can we push documents between KM and DMS.

Points would be rewarded!!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I think,

you can use the intgration between Cfolder and dms.

upload the doc using cfolder and link it with DMS.

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Thanks for the Prompt reply. Do you have any documentation around this area that can give me some inputs as to how to go about this design. At this time we are planning to do it with a BAPI call which would create a DIR in the DMS area once the external guy uploads a document in the SAP EP. Also it would be good if you discuss the hassles in going with CFOLDERS and SAP DMS and uploading the documents from EP.

Points would be rewarded!!

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

At this time ...we are realizing SAP PS for the Projects and the external guy shall be creating his project and also maintaining the team through the Portal. But when he/she uploads the document it should come and sit in DMS. Lets say if we go with Cfolders and DMS instead of BAPI calls to create DIRs in DMS, My question would be is there integration touch points available between SAP Cfolders and SAP PS. If you can provide me some kind of documentation that will be helpful.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In std SAP you can not link cFolders with PS or with DMS

YOu need development for that...

cFolders is primarily aimed at exchaging docs with external partners and DMS is for internal purpose.

However the documents stored in cFolders can be transferred to DMS and vice versa with transaction CFE01 and CFI01(Export from ECC to cFolders, Import to ECC from cFolders)

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can use cProject and connect that PS. cFolders is integrated in cProjects. You can find more information in this link

BR/Håkan