Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyfigure fixing in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using APO version 4,

I am trying to fix one of my keyfigure, as my knowledge i have done

1. in RSD2, i have assigned the fixing keyfigure which i found additional kf from my planning area.

can i use this? because the disaggregate is different for those 2 kf's?

2. after assigning the fixing kf at RSD2, i tried make the kf fixed in Planning area, where i can't find the option in 4.0, i have seen the same in 5.0, at keyfigure details.

where can i found the setting in 4.0

3. i think these 2 steps makes me to fix the keyfigure in interactive demand panning.

pls kindly suggest me if any more steps need to be done for this

Thanks for your time

ARUN R Y

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

1. You must assign the fixed KF for your fixable KF before including in PA.

2. You are not to include the fixed KF in PA - only fixable.

The fixing in 4.0 works fine.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alex,

i have done the same as you said,

1. i just created a new KF with ref to my fixable kF, and assignedin RSD2

2. But where i need to make settings in Planning Area?? to make my KF as fixing? because iam getting error message" keyfigure not fixable" in interactive demand planning.

it will be great if you explian me few steps from begining

don't foreget that i am using version 4

Thanks for all

ARUN R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

1. Create new PA.

2. Include only fixable KF (you want to fix)

3. Create time series

4. Try fixing

If you want to correct existing PA

1. Delete time series

2. Exclude both fixable KFs and fixed KFs. Save

3. Include only fixable KFs (you want to fix)

4. Create time series

5. Try fixing

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the blow steps to fix a key figure value:

Prerequisites:

1 To fix a key figure you need to assign this key figure a second key figure in which the fixing information is stored. You do this in the Administrator Workbench (Tools ® Edit Info Objects) in key figure maintenance by entering the key figure to which the fixed values should be saved in the field Fixed key figure. You find this field on the Type/unit tab. The key figure should be an APOkey figure, not a BW key figure.

2. You have included the key figure you want to fix in the planning area.In the planning area, you do not need to include the key figure in which the fixed values are stored. If you create a planning area and include in it the key figure you want to fix, the key figure in which the fixed values are stored is automatically added to the planning area.

3. The key figures that you want to fix must have calculation types that allow disaggregation, for instance Pro Rata or Based on Another Key Figure. Average calculation types or No Calculation are not allowed. The system prevents you from creating such planning areas with key figures for fixing.

As of Release 4.0 it is possible to enter data at an aggregate level and fix it without having defined an aggregate for this level. If they are not visible in the grid, all subordinate levels are then also fixed. When you unfix at detail level, the aggregate is not unfixed initially. However, if you save the data and there is no persistent aggregate for the level, the fixing is removed for the aggregate level

Activities:

Double-click in the key figure valueu2019s cell. Alternatively, click with the right mouse button on the cell and choose Fix cell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The keyfigure you are fixing data is called Fixable key figure and the key figure you are assigning within the RSD1 in key figure properties in Fixing keyfigure.

1. The "fixing" and "Fixable" key figures need to have the same properties.

2. It is only available from V5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

Thanks for your reply,

1. Is it required the Fixing kF, should be in APO Planning area?

becasue both info objects are same, but in Planning area the disaggreagation " calc type" is different

2. in V4, how can i proceed for a keyfigure fixing? i should have the option, because i am able to see the other keyfigure ready for fixing.

only thing is i am not able to find the option to do it now for one more keyfigure.

Suggest me

Thanks

ARUN R Y