cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy from 32 bit to 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a AS-JAVA System in NW2004s running in 32 bit.

Since the current machine is very slow and we could not upgrade it , I am planning to make a system copy of this system to 64 bit

Please let me know whether that is possible in SAP.

Is there any activitis to be done after the system copy for 32 bit to 64 bit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

A heterogeneous system copy will accomplish this. It is considered an OS Migration. You will need a certified migration consultant on-site if the system to be migrated is a production system, otherwise you will loose support for the target system (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration). You can also see the [System Copy and Migration |]section on SDN.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding that if i do a migration of the exisitn system to a new system or 64 bit, and if the person doing the migration is not a certified basis consultant, we will not get support of SAP for any messages we raise in the new system

Am i right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the following this is a homogenous system copy since it is only changing from 32 bit to 64 bit

A system copy that doesn't involve the change of either OS or DB is called a homogeneous system copy. It is not covered by this subject and the restrictions of a migration don't apply. To change from 32 bit to 64 bit is also a homogeneous system copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

My mistake and I apologize. I thought we considered a change from 32 to 64 bit a change in OS. In this case, you only have to follow the Homogeneous System Copy Guide and do not require the services of SAP.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, i have to do a export of database and cetral instance in Source system

Import the database and central instance in Target system.

Pls let me know whethr i am right

PS: This is a distributed instance installation on only AS-JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Yes, and the instructions are in the guide.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (0)