Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SRM vendor search help

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to change the standard vendor search help on SRM.

I have created a new SH on R/3, this SH has a SH exit which calls the standard SAP SH exit BBP_F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_VENDOR_EXP, we have added some additional fields to the hit list table.

The SH works correctly in R/3, all I need to do is plumb it into SRM. I see that the service that's called, is BBPSC02, which has a source of BBPSC01.

This is where I get stuck ......

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

J-J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the steps:

1. Create a Elementatry Search help (with search help exit ) in SRM and append it to BBP_BUPA_SOURCE_OF_SUPPLY.

2. In the new search help exit that makes an RFC to ECC. (Note you should pick the backend system for making an RFC call)

3. In ECC build the RFC function that will supply the values to the Search Help in SRM

This would be a better approach and easy to implement as well.

Regards

Kathirvel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem has been solved.

I created the elementary search help and used search help exit, the FM doesn't need to be remote enabled, the new search help was appended to a collective search help and there is no action required in the ECC system.

Regrards

J-J

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Almost there, where do I create the FM in ECC, what does ECC stand for?

Cheers

J-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC 2005, 6.0 etc are the latest version of SAP (after R/3 4.7). ECC or R/3 is the backend system for SRM.

You just have to create a normal function module using transaction SE37. You have to set the attribute "Remote Enabled" in the function module. Only then it can be called from SRM system.

Best Regards

Kathirvel

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm being very slow here sorry

I have created my sh in R/3, do I need to replicate this in SRM, if so how do I do that

Regards

J-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the steps in detail:

In ECC SYSTEM

1. Create a RFC Function Module in ECC

2. The RFC function will return the list of values when called from SRM

In SRM SYSTEM

3. Create a search help with search help exit in SRM and append it to BBP_BUPA_SOURCE_OF_SUPPLY.

4. Now in the search help exit make a call to the RFC function module created in ECC system to get the values.

The requirement is a bit trick, I guess this should be be helpful. Please take help of a technical consultant.

Regards

Kathirvel

TJRP
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

I will append the search help to the BBP_BUPA_SOURCE_OF_SUPPLY.

I'm not sure what you mean by point 2 and 3

Regards

J-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. As the data is in ECC system, you just need to create a RFC enabled function module in ECC system which will supply the required values.

2. Now, as you require the data in SRM system; the search help exit (a function module infact) just needs to make an RFC Function call (FM created in step 1) to the backend (ECC) system.

3. Once the ECC returns the value to the search help exit in SRM, then the search help will display the required values.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel