cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristics Run not picking up the component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one componenet in the BOM with different consumption quantity for different validity dates. The same is reflected in PPDS and SNP PPM. However, when I run heuristics on the header material, the order does not pick up the component in the future's date validity. However, when I create the order manually, the order picks up the component with the separate consumtption relation ship according to the validity dates.

Let me explain with an example.

Header = A

Component = B

From 01.01.2008 till 31.12.2208, A needs 1 of B to produce 1 of A

However from 01.01.2009 to 31.12.9999, A will need 2B to produce 1 of A.

So I have maintained this relationship in the BOM. The PPM is updated with this relationship. However, when I run heuristics, the orders which are generated till 01.12.2008 are picking up the component as B. However, all orders after 01122008, are not throwing the demand on the component.

When I make 2 production versions with the corresponding validity dates, it makes 2 PPMs and the problem is solved. However, with the same production version, the order does not pick up the compoenets.

Is there any other setting that I need to maintain so that I do not have to create a separate production version and corresponding PPM, and still my order picks up the correct relationship with the component according to the dates?

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

To have two production versions and corresponding ppm's in APO will be the better solution.

In the production version you can have only one 'alternative bom' so only either of your ' bill of material ' with different consumption and validity dates can be entered.

Thanks & Regards

Abhijit S Nakhwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is that the client is not ready to make two production versions. Becuase the client has just migrated to APO from R/3 and this setting is not required while planning in R/3.

Moreover, if SAP gives the option of maintaining validity dates in the BOM, it shoud effectively work in PPM as well. Also, since the PPM gets updated with the correct values, heuristics should also pick up the correct component (with the correct counsumption) according to the validity dates.

I am sure that maintaining different prodcution versions should solve this problem. But are there any other options without maintaining different production each time my BOM validity changes?

Rgds

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right...you can maintain two validity dates in ppm. We did that in one of my projects. We used to have two diffrent validity dates similar to yours

e.g 08.01.2008-12.31.2008 and

01.01.2009-21.31.9999

but we never had any issues till 12.31.2008 but we used to have issues from 01.01.2009 onwards. heuristics never used to pick the right component. so we maintained an overlap of 2 days like 08.01.2008-01.02.2009 and 01.01.2009-12.31.9999, and on 12.31.2008 we used to maintain the procurement priority 0 for the latter one and some other lower priority for former one..so for those 2 days of overlap the system used to pick the cmponent based on the priorty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply, Sai.

But from the explanation it seems that you had made 2 PPMs and you changed the priority of the PPM manually every year.

Do you mean that you had created 2 production versions with the over lapping dates?

Can you provide me with some more details.

Rgds

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest to maintain a overlap of say 2 days between the two and also maintain the procurement priorities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the product at both source and destination locations assigned to active model 000?