cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text position in WD message area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use the option to always display the message area in my application.

When no messages occur, the message area displays a gray LED light with text: No messages.

This text is vertically centered within the message area.

When a message appears, the message area slightly increases hight and the (Error or info) message appears at the top of the area.

Consequence: the rest of the UI elements of the application is jumping according to this size change. Very annoying from user point of view.

Is there a possibility to tell the message area to put texts always centered? or to force it not to dynamically change its hight???

kind regards,

Sahla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shalini,

this was not the question. Of course if you don't display the message area in case of no messages you have no problem, but Sahla wants to display the message area in any case. There it is not possible to influence the position of the messages.

Regards,

Rainer

I039810
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Setting the property of the application works. You can check it.

I tried it myself.

Thanks,

Shalini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini, Hi Rainer,

first of all thanks a lot for your replies.

I selected in the properties of the WD application: Always display message component.

This option is desired by us, due to the dynamic induced to the view when messages appear and disappear. We have a powl table in our application, with already sufficient (also undesired) dynamic.

Additional jumping ofthe table due to the change of hight ofthe message area leads to (view) loss of lead of selection and disconfort for the user.

If I understand you correctly Rainer, the message area is unable to center the info. or error messages. But is able to center the No message text. Both containing one line of text!!!

I think I will send a support ticket. This is not acceptable.

kind regards,

Sahla

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahla,

no, there is also no possibility to change the layout of the text.

Regards,

Rainer

I039810
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahla,

I think you have not set the correct property of the web dynpro application.

Double click on the web dynpro component. On the Properties tab of a Web Dynpro application, message handling can be defined by setting the radio button in the group labeled "Handling of Messages". The

following settings are possible:

1. Show Message Component on Demand

If at least one message is reported, the message area is displayed.

2. Always Display Message Component

The message area is also displayed if no message is reported.

I think you might have selected the second option (Always display message...).

Please select "Show message component on demand" radio button. This should work, I tried this

Thanks,

Shalini.

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahla,

you can't change the layout of the messages, you can only choose between the new message area (recommended) and the old one, which has the design of the release below Support Package 11.

For more information about the message area please check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/5996d07d2b09cce10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Developing in webdynpro is getting slowly frustrated

Why does the hight of the message area changes when displaying No messages ( which is one line of text) and an error or info message ( which is also one line of text)??

Can I solve the problem If I define my message area in my view and do not rely on the generic message area of the WD framework??

kind regards,

Sahla

I039810
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahla,

I think you must be having a web dynpro component. Go to the view where you have the message area UI element. There click on the message area UI element, and you will see the properties of the same, as you do for other UI elements.

Thanks,

Shalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

I am using the generic message area offered by the eWD framework. I don't include it explicitly in my view!

There should be a way to get the current instance of message area UI element and change its properties. Do you know how?

kind regards,

Sahla

I039810
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please set the properties of the MessageArea UI element as follows and check.

maxVisibleMessages = 0

cellDesign = rPad.

Apart from that, use the following to display your message:

call method l_message_manager->report_t100_message

exporting

msgid = <msg>-id

msgno = <msg>-number

msgty = <msg>-type

p1 = <msg>-message_v1

p2 = <msg>-message_v2

p3 = <msg>-message_v3

p4 = <msg>-message_v4.

Please reply if this works.

You should not have the message area displayed when there are no messages

Thanks and regards,

Shalini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

How to set the properties of the MessageArea UI element and where?

I chose to display the message area even without messages to reduce jumping of the rest of UI elements of the UI when a message appears or disappears.

I use the recommended function ofthemessage manger to display the messages.

kind regards,

Sahla