Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master slave syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your inputs will be appreciated.

say I have rep1 as master and rep2 as slave.

Rep1 is stagging repository and Rep2 is production repository.

can we have this kind of set up for the reason say if stagging repository is down for development we can still have production repository acitve.

If this scenario is possible than can we syndicate records from slave repository?

Thanks

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So can we do automatic syndocation from slave as long as its synchronised ?

as far as my knowledge is concern MDSS will scan ports as per Repository sequence and syndication is based on remote system i.e. if records got syndicated once to one remote system it would not be syndicated again to same remote system even if port has same map and setting. (provided we select supress unchanged records option in Syndicator manager).

What i am trying here is in repository sequence I will put my slave repository first and than master repository. (and condition is that they both are synchronised).but again slave repository will have same port as master right?

one more doubt .can we trigger workflow from slave ? as for workflow to trigger we need to have some trigger action say record update. but in salve ,no data manipulation can be done so once we synchronise slave can workflow be triggered from slave?

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Since you are already aware that we can not modify slave repository, therefore it limits most of the possibility of Syndicator to push records on update or add from a slave repository.

Another point to note about Master and Slave syndication is that, the MDSS will not work with Slave. even if we select supress unchanged records option in Syndicator manager. Though you would notice in 5.5 SP6 that when we synchronize the slave with the lastest changes from the Master repository, all the files that were extracted in Master between the synchronization steps are also generated in the Slave repository distribution folder.

Note the limitation of Master-Slave as follows-:

u2022 Compact operation not available on master or slave repositories.

u2022 Cannot synchronize slaves after moving a master repository.

u2022 Cannot synchronize changes from different versions of MDM Server.

Regards,

Paritosh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

It is not advised to syndicate from slave repositories.

Syndication from both master and slave repositories should not be done at all because syndication stamps from both will override each other in slave repository (ies).

No two running repositories can have the same port number, even if they are a master and a slave.

Workflows are not allowed on slave repositories.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Slave is just the read-only copy of the Master repository hence you can not make any changes to it directly but it allows syndication of records. Slave repository can remain active if Master is down and can take over its role but the only thing is it should have been synchronised with the Master so that slave repository will contain the same updated copy of its Master.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Slave repository is always synchronized to the Master repository.

YOu can ahve all the updated changs oin the master repository and then when required synchronize the slave to the master so both the master and slave will ahve to same set of information

As far I Know Unlike Duplicating a repository Slave repository is dynamic and can follow syndication separately as well

Kindly follow this document it may help you on this area:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0c5713fa-0301-0010-a7a4-abbe17e5...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto