cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer requested delivery date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give me table/field name where I can find delivery date requested by customer.

What is the difference between delivery date requested by customer, VBAK-VDATU (system generated req deliv date) and VBEP-EDATU (schedule line date).

Thanks

Lisa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Requested delivery date is the date the customer requests while placing the order.

Depending on the requested delivery date, system does availability check through backward scheduling & determines the Material Availability Date (MAD). This date is defaulted into the schedule line date.

If the MAD falls on or before the order placing date, it will confirm the requested delivery date. If MAD is after the order placing date, system will then do forward scheduling & propose a new confirmed delivery date. The confirmed delivery date will be defaulted into the delivery date which we find in sales order shipping view.

For eg: Customer places an order on 15th Aug 2008. Requestes a delivery date for 20th Aug'08. System will do an availability check by backward scheduling & see if the MAD is on or before the 15th. If yes, it willl confirm the requsted delivery date of 20th. If the MAD is on 17th, system does a forward scheduling from 17th & proposes a confirmed delivery date of 22nd. So 22nd will be defaulted into the Delivery date in sales order shipping view.

I hope this explains your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lisa

The field name for Requested Delivery date is KETDAT which you cannot find in any tables. It is being stored in Structure.

The difference between Delivery Date and Requested Delivery date is that suppossing a customer places an order on you and you have to deliver the goods on 27-08-08. But due to production constraints, you are able to despatch the goods only by 01-09-08.

Here 27-08-08 is the Requested Delivery Date and 01-09-08 is the Delivery Date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But our ECC architect told me that the schedule line delivery date VBAK-VDATU is customer requested delivery date.

Is it correct ?

Thanks

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find that requested devliery date field in VBAK , VBAP, VBEP, LIKP and LIPS tables of SE11 or SE16 t.code..

Customer requested delviery date is what customer insisted to deliver the goods by that date.

Schedule lines date is on what date goods are available to deliver for that customer based on availablity check and will compere the customer requested delviery date.

If goods are available on the customer requested delviery date then schedule lines date also will be the same date.

If not then both dates are different based on availablity..

regards

sankar