cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWSneakPreviewSP15 install on Windows XP64?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, i've downloaded the full java version of NetWeaver Sneak Preview SP15, and am trying to install it on an Athlon64 box running Windows XP64.

Unfortunately the installer fails, saying that I ran the i386 installer but my platform is AMD64 and quits.

Now, I know that this software should run just fine, havent run into any problem with any other 32 bit apps on this machine, is there some way I can override the installer to force it to continue?

thanks

david mitchell

david.mitchell@factorylogic.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David,

as this is a application server it's not "just another 32 bit application". There is an existing specific installation for 64 bit. Therefore the installer checks this and drops installation.

Sorry for that.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Unfortunately the VMWare thing isnt an option, i'll have to use another machine instead.

Benny, you mention theres an installer for 64 bit, is there a AMD64 installer? On the preview download site I see no option for any download except the i386 one.

thanks

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preview-wise there isn't one for anything but i386. However, there is an installer for AMD64 if you get the software from service.sap.com/swdc but then all of the usual restrictions apply so I assume that this will not really work for you.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Eric said already ther is no preview for 64 bit. When this will appear I have no idea, but truly not in the foreseeable time (means, it may change if 64 becomes ageneral option)

Regards,

Benny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

just a short suggestion for a workaround if you are set on that machine: you could try creating a virtual machine with vmware and install a 32bit winodws xp there (f you have access to winxp 32bit for installation).

If you want to try that, I would be happy to give you some hints (I have only done that with the ABAP previews but those work fine with me).

regoards,

Jakob Thilo