cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFCI -> Connecting R3 / SCM

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working through some documentation to connect our R3 and SCM systems (4.6c and SCM 2007). There is a step in the documentation to go to transaction CFC1 (target system, operation mode and queue type) and set the logical system name for the SCM system and 'Outbound Queues' for the queue type. I notice the field 'OpMode' is greyed out and I cannot change it. I didn't change this in the other systems I connected (sandbox / dev / test). But now that I am working through this documentation for production, I checked it against our test system to verify the settings and noticed that the field 'OpMode' is filled in there.

So 'OpMode' has: 'Transactional Events Active (standard)' in all of our systems but the documentation doesn't say to change it, nor do I remember changing it, and I can't change it since it's greyed out. When / how does this field get populated? Thank you.

~TJ

Edited by: TJ Wilkinson on Aug 13, 2008 3:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ Wilkinson,

Please follow the below steps to complete the connection setup between R/3 and SCM using trx. CFC1

Settings in the Executing R/3 System

You have made the following settings in the executing R/3 system:

· You have entered target systems for integration in transaction CFC1.

· You have created an integration model in transaction CFM1 and distributed plants, materials, purchase orders, stock, and vendors.

· The materials that can be ordered as direct material have to be kept in stock. A responsible purchasing group must also exist.

· You have activated and started the integration model in transaction CFM2.

· You have configured the standard purchasing organization in the enterprise structure (transaction OMKI) for the plant.

Settings in the APO Planning System

You have made the following settings in the APO planning system:

· You have defined a business system group in transaction /SAPAPO/C1.

· You have assigned the logical executing system and the logical Enterprise Buyer system in transaction /SAPAPO/C2 to a business system group.

· You have entered distribution definitions. These are used to define which plant-side requirements are transferred to which system.

Menu path in the Implementation Guide (IMG): SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer (APO) Basis Settings Integration Publication Maintain Distribution Definition

· You can overwrite the recipient determinations contained in the distribution definitions:

You can differentiate the target systems for external procurement orders (purchase requisitions and scheduling agreement releases) according to criteria with the user exits EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_G_EP_002 and EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PUB_002 of enhancement APOCFPUB (from Release APO 3.0A). You can define more detailed rules for the recipient determination than just type/location/target system. See SAP Note 364118.

For more information, see the documentation on APO Integration Scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naga

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the prompt response. The additional steps you mentioned in your reply are not in my documentation (I am a BASIS admin). CFM1 / CFM1 / OMKI must have been done by our SCM functional team in sandbox / dev / test. Would any of those steps populate the OpMode section of CFC1? Thank you.

~TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ Wilkinson,

Yes, the above steps would populate the OpMode section of CFC1. Pl get back to me if you any other questions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naga