Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Maintenance Generator and Transport Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The requirement was, when the user modifies the data in SM30, a transport request should be asked to the user, so that the changed data can be transferred.

For that, in the table maintenance generator, I selected the "Standard Recording Routine" radio button.

This is working fine in the development system.

But when I am testing the same in quality system, in SM30, its not asking for Transport Request.

I checked all the table attributes and technical settings of the table on both the server, they are same.

What could be the issue? Please help.

Regards,

Swastik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In quality system check for the field CCCORACTIV for ur client no. in table T000. If it is 1..only then it will ask for transport request...otherwise not.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

say one maintains data in development system. Select the desired record data and generate a transport request number. Now once this transport request is moved to other systems, automatically the data gets transffered to other systems.

prior to this the table should be a customized table.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your reply.

But the issue is not transporting the data.

My issue is, in the Quality Server, why its not asking for Transport Request when I try to save the data in SM30?

In both the Dev and Quality Server, the Delivery Class is A (Application Table).

Its working fine in Dev Server.

0 Kudos

Hello Swastik,

Just a bit of info. Generally we dont create data in quality systems. Tell me then what is the utility of Transport? U create programs in dev syst & this trickles down to Quality, Regression & then finally to Production.

Do u have authority to create programs in Quality ?

BR,

Suhas

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is your custom table CUSTOMIZING?? Check if the Delivery Class is 'C'.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

In quality system check for the field CCCORACTIV for ur client no. in table T000. If it is 1..only then it will ask for transport request...otherwise not.

0 Kudos

Thanks lot Joyjit, your answer really helped me.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Regards,

Swastik

Former Member
0 Kudos

mostly one doesnot have permissions in quality system to generate a transport request. As SAP has defined, one needs to generate the transport request only in development system and can be moved to quality or production system. So, you can't generate a transport request in quality system even though you save the data.