cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter should pick a single file at a time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have File to RFC scenario.. in my source directory I'm getting bunch of files with the same name. at a time.. but i want to pick the one by one only. that means.. my file adapater poll interval is 30 seconds.. every 30 seconds it will pick the one file.. even though there are multiple files.. but my file adapter should pick a single file ata time..

but at present my file adapater was picking all the files ata time.. but i want to make my file adapter should pick single file ata time..

for this.. any special configuration we need to do.. or any ideas or suggestion .. will be.. appriciated..

regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>any special configuration we need to do..

there is no default configuration to achieve this functionality.

I speculate that any of this should work.

1. Post the files to a intermediate directory and use a SCRIPT/Batch program to move only one file at a time frame to the source directory.

2. Uncheck the option Process Read only files in the sender CC to prevent the file adapter to pick the read only files. Use a script that changes the permission of one file at a time so that the file adapter will pick that file alone.

In both the cases the script needs to be scheduled at the OS level to run every 30 seconds.

Thanks

SaNv....

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Decrease polling interval to 1 sec at source end when ever the file in source folder it will pickup immediately

Alternate solution is develop module according to ur requirement for pick files or choose BPM.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find some thing difference between file to file in source folder, why because same file name files can't possible to store in one folder. I think time stamp variation will be there, based on variation put condition in source file adapter. I think ur problem will sort out

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nallam Guna,

My source File name is PLATEMILL_(TIMESTAMP).XML but in sender file adapte i gave PLATEMILL_.XML* .. so.. based on this.. how can i put the condition.. can u please explain me a bit clarrity..

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Well, you can't control this in the file adapter level itself.

The easiest option would be to use BPM and have a wait step.

This will even though pick up all the files in a single go,it will hold every file(for as long as you specify in Wait step) and feed it one by one to RFC.

Thanx

Aamir

Pl:I m assuming you need to pick files individually due to some constraint on receiver side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There should be some strict rule to distinguish the files...otherwise no option than reading filenames in adapter module and then select the one.

Regards,

Akshay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Babu,

If you want to pick the multiple files at a time or give some special conditions while picking then you can try with this:

Sender communictaion channel:

1.> Then Check the Advanced Selection for Source File

2.> Directory File Name Mask Exclusion Mask mention the details:

like: The file which u want to exclude while picking you can mention the name here.

I hope it will ne helpful

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

I want to pick single file at a time.. not multiple files at a time.... so if give ...*.xml means. it wa picking all the files ata time.. and all my source files are with same name.. multiple files are there.. so. for giving Exclusive mask also. i dont have any option... because any way i want to process all the files.. but the thing is One by One .... how can we solve this..

Regards

Babu,

Edited by: BABU on Aug 13, 2008 2:20 PM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I doubt that you are being driven in a wrong way to use the option Advanced selection and Exclusion mark that are not going to help to resolve your issue.

You could be able to do this bu using the script and scheduling it in OS using the CRON job.

Thanks

SaNv...

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please check the options

1. Advanced selection for source file

2. additional files.

by using exclusion mask as*.txt, u may reach u r requiremnt.

warm regards

mahesh.