cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Packs - error in dissemble - corrupted pack - how do I delete ?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to re-upload these support packages from scratch , but first I need to remove them from the system?

How do I do that?

I know how to remove them from the import que, but how do I remove these packages after having uploaded them?

thnx

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

First, you delete the support packages from the import queue, since the support pack application is in the early stage, I would suggest you to delete the entries from tables 'PAT01' and 'PAT03' and re-apply once again.

Since, CHANGE is not allowed for the above table, we should getting on to DEBUG mode and delete it accordingly. Pl take ABAPer help if required and I think it would resolve your problem.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Naga

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> First, you delete the support packages from the import queue, since the support pack application is in the early stage, I would suggest you to delete the entries from tables 'PAT01' and 'PAT03' and re-apply once again.

No.

This won't revert back the changes already made. It's a common misunderstanding, that fiddling with those tables will "solve" a problem.

To resolve the actual problem I would re-download the support packages and unpack them to \usr\sap\trans and retry.

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

with PAT01 and PAT01 it does not look like I delete these entries

SAPKA70012 thru SAPKA70014

I can see them in the drop down list , but I hit exececute it says no tables entries found?

I have not applied these support packages as they have errored in the dissamble phase with error

patch_file_read_error for SAPKA70012

I'm assuming when I brought them over from the dev server to the qa server the patch files did not come over clean.

First I need to remove from ? because ALL I have done is upload them for import ... I have NOT imported them yet

Then I can move forward

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Markus

by re-downloading them and uploading them will this overwrite with I have previously uploaded for these packages?

Or is there a way or should I remove them somehow from the process that is done ... upload from applic. server?

m.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error "error in disassemble" is in very early stage. I would do the following:

- delete the queue using the delete button

- copy the .CAR/.SAR files on the application server

- uncar them there

- redefine the queue

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I realize the disassemble is the early stage , I just was'nt sure how to get the corrupted patches out of the 'que' or whateve the proper term for it is which is after the upload from the frontend/or server.

I know that I delete the import que.

So what you are saying is that by uploading the patches again, (after doing what you suggested) will overwrite what I now have in the system . AND then try applying the patches again

m.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

What you can do to make sure that only the newly uploaded files are there:

delete everything in \usr\sap\trans\EPS\in

Markus

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Great stuff..

I just uploaded SAPKA70012, and I'm off to the races.

Markus you've come thru for me again!!!!

I owe you a lunch!

Maria

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Markus you've come thru for me again!!!!

you're welcome

Markus

Answers (0)