cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound IDOC XML missing from SAP R3 -> SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

i have been trying to figure out the problem when sending IDOC from R3 to SAP XI. In the Tcode : SXI_MONITOR there is no IDOC-XML record coming from R3 system, even thought the IDOC has been successfully sent from R3 with status code 03. I had also try to change the Integration Engine config using SXMB_ADM to change the global configuration data from "Integration Server". And include the Specific Configuration : IDOC - XML_CONVERSION set as '2'. I can confirm that the SAP IDOC from R3 has reach the XI but it does not convert the idoc to IDOC XML. and there no log record from SM58, IDX5, SXI_MONITOR, SMQ1 , SMQ2 and ST22?

Meanwhile the rest of the setting has been configure and confirm successfully send from R3 to SAP XI. But what other configuration or setting that require to enable and display the IDOC-XML in SAP XI? Please advise.

R/3

1. Logical System Creation (XI)

2. RFC dest Creation to connect XI

3. tRFC Port

4. Distribution model for Logical System

5. Partner Profile

XI

1. Logical System Creation (For R3)

2. RFC dest to connector the R3 as above

3. IDX1

4. IDX2

5. Integration Director to import the IDOC struture

6. Integration Director to create IDOC adaptor for the above R/3 setting

7. Integration Repository to create the receiver agreement and reciever determination.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sorry for late replies

Yes you can delete the meta data manually from this transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I had tried this method before, delete the meta data and reload the idoc again. but still no idoc-xml record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow... you have some problems :-)...

I really can't think of what to suggest that you haven't already done...

So lets confirm... Is this a general problem for all IDocs or just one type?

Your Port defined in Partner Profiles is the correct one since when you change the role of XI the IDoc is delivered.

You have deleted and reimported the Metadata...

I am sorry I honestly don't know where to go with this one now....

Do you have an RFC destination pointing back to the Sender R/3 system from XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not reimport metadata and send the Idoc from R/3 - let the Inbound Idoc adapter get the Idoc metadata from R/3 at runtime and check in transaction sm58 in R/3. Let us know what is the yield and observe in sm58 for errors of function block IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS.

and try this link for viewing the IDoc XML :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Suddha

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Min,

I Think this problem is at XI side and to be specific in IDX2 .

Your XI is not able to load the structure properly .

Let XI to load the structure at Run Time by it self don't, provide any structure of your IDOC in IDX2 and send the IDOC from R3.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

If XI having problem of not able to recognise the IDOC structure using IDX2, is there a way to resolve this? Meanwhile i using STATUS.SYSTAT01 to be trigger from R3 to XI, and had also create the Structure from XI using IDX2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Min,

I would suggest you to check the following setup in XI and SLD;

1.The Back End R/3 system is added to SLD and assigned a logical system name.

2.The port for this system in IDX1 (in IS) has the correct RFC destination. Check this Business System when assigned to the Configuration Scenario has the correct Logical System name updated in the Adapter Specific Identifiers for this Service.

3. If the sender IDoc partner for this IDoc is not of type LS, then check if the Party Identifiers are set up properly.

3.Reimport the IDoc metadata from this RFC destination under the designated port in IDX2.

4.Retrigger an IDoc from the backend R/3 System. If the status in WE05 is successful, check the status in SM58.

If the IDoc adapter is not properly configured on the integration server, these errors become visible on the sender system. Check transaction SM58 for failed IDoc function blocks. In case of authentication or authorization errors, you may also find information in the system log (transaction SM21).

Possible errors:

● Destination for reading meta data not defined in IDX1

● Reading of IDOC meta data by IS failed due to authentication, authorization or other technical problems

Additionally refer to this link for troubleshooting.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/e3fb40ef74f823e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddhasatta

The scenario that you had given, in fact i had already done it. I am wondering anything that is not activate in the XI Basis area.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is authorization problem check with basis people weather ur xi user id have authorization to receive idoc from r3 or not. Whey because some times idoc is waiting for user id & pswrd to reach to xi. I think this is problem. At r3 end status shows 03 but can't reach to xi.

In xi no need communication channel for idoc (sender ) and no need sender agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nallam

thanks you for the reply, i believe there is no authorisation issue from the xi server. because i had tested by sending a normal idoc from R3 to XI and it appear in the WE02 at the XI.

How i did the test is to goto SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration Data -> Change the role of the business system from "Integration Server" to "Application Server". The idoc appear in the WE02, WE05 and BD87, but when i change back to "Integration Server" and then trigger a idoc from R3 to XI, it still does not display the IDOC XML record ( using both TC: SXI_MONITOR or IDX5 to display IDOC XML but no record). Anyone experience this problem before, please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Min Chian Lok ,

Check the RFC destination at R/3 Side.This is the problem that IDOC is not posting to XI.

In RFC Destination your credintials may be wrong,correct and test the remote login ,it should directly login to XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasimha

Thanks you so much for the reply, i had tried the RFC dest from R3 and XI and both are able to remote login. There is no issue for the RFC dest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi min,

Cross check the partner profile in the R/3 system , i think you have selected the option collect idoc,deselect that option.

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kummari

The partner profile is set to send idoc immediately.

Hi all gurus

Is there any config document that related to my problem

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all guru's

Thanks you for everyone feedback, but still i having problem of NOT able to recieve the IDOC XML. Practically most of the things mentioned by you guys had already configured but still cannot recieved the inbound IDOC XML from XI. there no log to show what is the problem. Sigh..

Need someone help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SM58 in R/3 for entries

also check the TS and Corresponmding BS created in SLD for SAP R/3, whether u have created properly or not.

Check for the entries like hostname , instance number, message server port etc....

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check SM58 in the SAP system and this will tell you if the IDoc actually left SAp in the first place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I did a check using SM58, SMQ1, SMQ2, IDX5 and even ST22 but there NO log error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh the cache and then try..