Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimate the time taking in su25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are preparing for a Client systems to be upgraded . They require the apprx time taken for the upgrade . We are not able to estimate the time taken for su25 T-Code that will be run after the upgrade (i.e., step2B , 2C and 2D).

Kindly let me know

1.) how will we estimate how much time taken for one role in 2C.

2.) How can we find out the new T-code vs Old T-code that we get in 2D steps

Thanks in Advance

Anthony

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1.) how will we estimate how much time taken for one role in 2C.

Estimating per role will not help you much, without knowing how "big" your roles are and how you buildt them and how many objects will be inpacted and when you last ran SU25 upgrade steps with how many SP's and upgrades in between.

> 2.) How can we find out the new T-code vs Old T-code that we get in 2D steps

The PRGN_CORR* tables contain this, if you can figure out how SU25 uses them.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi

Are you going through the steps in SU25 ..or did you have to do any steps before you actually began the security upgrade??

I dont think if any tables need to backed up..but just a question ..let me know please. I had posted into the forum too.

0 Kudos

Without knowing the (historical) role design and built, it is hard to tell. Perhaps Anthony can shed some light on that.

What I have seen (but also not) is that a release upgrade from 4.6C to ECC x ERP components) is an opportunity to build new roles correctly rather than suffer through the upgrade procedures, IF you are anyway unhappy with (for example) an armada of single roles at task level which no longer know which intended entry points (transactions, etc) in the user's menus (or favourites) they correspond to.

> I dont think if any tables need to backed up..but just a question ..let me know please. I had posted into the forum too.

That is a tricky one, because (for example) the various authorization grouping concepts will often have their corresponding programs, tables, views, files, customizing, master and transaction data carried forward to the new release.

Of course, it is also an opportunity to get rid of some of those... so rebuilding roles can be a trigger for clean-up of many other things.

This is a very interesting question, but I personally don't think it can be answered in a helpfull way without being "on-site", or a lot more information is required about the current roles and future config of the system(s).

Having said that... with some aggregated data from the upgrade tables, the role data tables and some assumptions about the authorization tables and how much time is spent at SDN to recover from performing thousands of repetative manual tasks... some guesses could possibly be made

Cheers,

Julius