Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing XDR schemes

arnold_fritz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are trying to upload a XDR (OAGIS) as an external definition into XI. But unfortunately there are no messages in it the I try to open it.

Any idea?

Best regards

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

If what chris has told is correct and you do have an XSD which u want to import, then just check out this link which tells you how to import an XSD into XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnold,

If you have a schema defined in the XDR (XML Data Reduced) format, you will not be able to load it directly into XI. XDR was an XML schema language invented by Microsoft before W3C finalised the XSD spec and was used in Microsoft products such as Biztalk. Microsoft moved to the W3C standard when it arrived and so afaik XDR is not supported much anymore even by Microsoft and never gained popular usage among other vendors. So you will need to convert to your XDR schema to XSD if you wish to use it in XI. Microsoft provide a tool for this, although I can't speak for how good it is. Try googling "XDR to XSD" and you should get all the info you need.

Cheers,

Chris

arnold_fritz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

thanks for your info.

The problem I think is that in this XDR scheme there are so called references of other XDR schemes. So what I got is one XDR scheme as a wrapper and within this scheme there are 3 other XDR schemes as references.

So my problem is first to convert XDR into XSD but second to dissolve the references.

Do you have an idea how to do this in XI? (or perhaps in an other tool like XMLSpy)

Best regards

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnold,

There are a couple of ways of going about this. Yes, you could resolve the references manually, or using a tool, and this could be as simple as a cut-and-paste operation but often when a schema designer splits a schema it is for good reason so I would not recommend this unless really necessary.

If you run the transformation from XDR to XSD on all of the schemas you should get the references intact (via the XSD <include> and/or <import> tags).

XSD's split among several files can be happily uploaded to XI, you just have to follow a couple of basic rules. There are several descriptions on this site as to the pitfalls and how to avoid them. A search of the forums should help, but basically you upload the included or imported schemas first, being sure to set the "source" field to be the same as the File name. Then when you upload the <i>including</i> schema, be sure the <include> tag references the file name exactly the same as in the source that you entered.

E.g. Schema1.xsd contains the line

<xsd:include schemaLocation="Schema2.xsd" />

then you should make sure that you upload Schema2.xsd first, and that you enter the exact text "Schema2.xsd" in the "Source" field. Hope this makes some sense...

Chris