cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autimatic trigger of packaging material in a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to understand client SAP system.When I try to create a Sales Order with one line item (material type = FERT) the system automatically triggers a second line item (material type = VERP).

If anybody has come across this kind of requirement, then please explain me the reason behind this kind of behaviour.How the system triggers the second line item?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u explain ur scenario more detailed..

If Iam correct in understanding ur query, Automatic Packing is configured for that particular line item.that's why system is giving 2nd line item as packing material...

Regards..

yogi..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the automatic packing configuration.There is no packaging instructions defined in it.Neither there is any Procedure created to detrmine packing instructions.

Is there anything else that I can check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to IMG>Logistics Execution>shipping>packing>packing control by item category. in this field, check whether the 'item must be packed' option may be set there..if that is the case, please put 'item can be packed' option there..

regards..

yogi..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

can anybody tell me how the system determines the field VEKP-VHILM_KU (customer packaging material) during the sale delivery creation?

MR