Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM and MDM for material master in SRM contracts for multiple R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

my question is:

We are implementing SRM 4.0 in classic scenario with multiple R/3 back-end and we want to set-up Global Outline Agreements in SRM in a multi-backend environment where the Material Master are not harmonized.

We heard that MDM and COntent Integraton can be a solution.

Then detailled question is:

Can we have 2 material numbers (e.g. ABC and XYZ) in 2 different R/3 systems refering the same product.

Have the mapping done in MDM (Content Integrator?) to a third material number:123

Replicating the material master 123 to SRM from MDM(?)

Create global Outline Agreements in SRM for Material Master 123.

Distribute the GOA as Outline Agreement to R/3 system 1 with the translation to ABC and to R/3 system 2 with the translation XYZ, all of that during the distribution step (or another).

Have the call-offs quantities correct on 123 in SRM and BW?

IF yes, how is it working, do you have some documentation discribing the scenario and the config steps to do?

Thanks in avance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RD,

That's a good question.

You are on the right way. MDM is the tool for you.

But..

Content Integrator (CI) was first developped for Shell, to address the need of cross-referencing of material/supplier/category IDs, for:

- reporting purpose (actual Spend Analysis)

- mapping purpose (send of XML PO)

CI was later "fusionned" into the new MDM (1.0) solution.

So now, you can not order CI without MDM (even if some SRM slides still present CI).

But mapping API where developped for all inboud/outbound interfaces in SRM, for materials only (good luck for you).

You will find everywhere this piece of code:

• Call ECI

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PRODUCT_MAP'

TABLES

it_input = lt_mapping_in

et_output = lt_mapping_out

EXCEPTIONS

logsys_not_found = 1

driver_not_found = 2

product_not_found = 3

internal_error = 4

OTHERS = 5.

So it is ok, you have the mapping call, but I don't know if all the rest of the process was really "finalized" (call of API mapping in CI, via XI). I personnaly never used it, but I assume it should work.

I my opinion your process is supported by SAP:

- Extract materials from both R/3 and consolidate them as a single product in MDM.

- Distribute this product into SRM.

- Maintain contracts on those products.

- Distribute them to R/3 (The ECI call is also used during contract distribution).

- Call offs corrects in SRM and BW

For MDM documentation, look at netweaver area of service.sap.com.

For MDM/SRM integration, look at SRM 4.0 spend analysis:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004424262004E/GlobalSpendOverview.ppt

For SRM contract distribution, call-offs, BW, look at SRM in details in service.sap.com/srm/SRM4.0:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001966382004E/contracten.ppt

For SRM5.0, see online help on help.sap.com.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christophe,

some complementary details

1) BBP_PRODUCT_MAP is a function module, but with the confusion of Content Integrator and MDM, how can I be sure that is supported with CI incorporated in MDM (in current MDM version).

2) To implement it that means that I must put these BBP_PRODUCT_MAP call in one of the 2 BADI's used for contract replication:

Mapping in SRM with BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE or

Mapping in Backend with BBP_CTR

Is that correct?

3) "rest of the process was really "finalized" (call of API mapping in CI, via XI). I personnaly never used it, but I assume it should work" how can I but sure of it?

4) I have forgotten one step in the process:

the PO call-off to the contract are created in R/3 (classic scenario) with the R/3 number, is the mapping done in the other direction when arriving in SRM (via line nr for example) or do I need to also map there (reverse mapping) and then in which BADI?

6)I have only access to the first document, not to the second (probably due to the fact I am not SAP employee). Can I send you my mail email address to your email contact address to have it forwarded to me?

Thanks

RD

Former Member
0 Kudos

REMINDER: If you posted the question, please reward points for good answers*. Thanks.

Hi,

1) This is the FM used in SRM to call CI. Go into its details to see how CI is called at the real end.

2) No, as I said, this FM is already called in all in/out SRM interfaces. Same for CTR. So no need to code the BADI for this.

3) See point 1) and follow the links...

4) See Contrat documentation: Backend PO call-offs are replicated into SRM (so the global contract is up-to-date) and in BW. As said in point 2) the mapping FM is called in in/out interfaces. So this one should be in the pack.

6) Yes

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I was looking for a similar solution in our implementation, if you allow me some questions for this topic....

1. The solution means that in SRM I must maintain the materials just from one repository... MDM repository? That means that I can use the BBP_PRODUCT_MAP to map the MDM material to the corresponding backend material?

2. This function can manage (by the product material mapping) all online validations between SRM and Backends regarding existence in plants, deletion flags, etc?

3. Which one will be the standard procedure to replicate material master from MDM to SRM?, because in SRM we got some standards middleware transactions to replicate the material types, material groups and then the material master from the backends... There is a similar procedure to do the replication from MDM to SRM?

Could you help me with these questions? Regards, Fredy Yrigoyen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe

I investigated a little to find where the BBP_MAP_PRODUCT was used (as you mentioned everywhere)

Going back and back I arrived at a dead end with program SAPLBBP_ECI which use FM LBBP_ECIUXX which use FM LBBP_ECIU01 which use BBP_PRODUCT_MAP

But I was not able to track back further to find the contract distribution using it.

Could you which program is using it?

Thanks

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Well, I don't know your search method, but a where-used list on FM BBP_MAP_PRODUCT simply list you all you need.

As I told you, this function is called in all in/out interfaces with SRM involving a product ID.

For contracts distribution (supported since R/3 46B), the META_CTR_TRANSFER is called, calling B46B_CTR_TRANSFER.

Here is the call stack from this function:

- PERFORM contract_backend_tables_map

-- perform contract_item_backend_map

--- PERFORM eci_item_conversion

-

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PRODUCT_MAP'

-

META_PRODUCT_MAP

-

ECI_PRODUCT_MAP

This last FM calls a mapping API in CI/MDM.

Rgds

Christophe