cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filter operator in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am fetching values (city,country) from a BI info-cube in a table. Before sending it to the table I am applying a Filter operator to display records only selected city or country.

I have an input form for the BI Cube for user to feed the city and country.

On the configure tab of the filter I can set the filter value to CITY as "CHICAGO". But not what the user has entered i.e. @CITY.

How do I set variable in filter operator...??

OR

Can I handle this scenario in "Define Filter" section in BI Integration Wizard...??

- Akshay..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CLICK on the filetr and go for configuration panel then you set the Condition for filtring fo thet Filter.

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu..

I am able to set the filter value for the filter operator.

But its only allowing me to set fixed or hard coded string as "chicago"

I want it to be dynamic as per the user enters in the input form. i.e. I want to give the variable over there.

If i give the just the variable as filter condition its not filtering, but it filters when i pass the plain string.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Filter enhancement, which allows using dynamic expressions, was intoduced with flex2 compiler.

This is available from SP14 patch.

If you change the compiler property yo flex2, you will be able to choose "Enter Formula..." instead of field name and write a condition (e.g. @City==@str1).

Best regards,

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shay,

Thanks for the response.

I am not using SP14. I am not able to set compiler property to flex2.

Any other way of achieving the output, if not the filter operator.

- Akshay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

You can't have a dynamic filter with flex1.5 compiler and I don't know of a way to break this in VC.

The only way (I can think of) to work around this, is to create a new query with the needed field as input and add the criteria to the query logic.

Best regards,

Shay