cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table needs to be update fisrt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have Bussiness partners reposirory without any records.

Now i want to import data into that repository using import manager.

Bussiness partner repository contains main table,

taxonamy,qualified flat, flat,hierachy tables.

My question is which table records should be imported first and what is the next?

Waiting for valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As rightly mentioned by the above posts

- You must first of all import all the subtables in your repository

- Then import the Main table records

- There is no rule in which order the subtables should be imported however it is recomented to populate the flat lookups first then the hierarchy and the taxonomy and lastly the qualified

- The qualified table records can be populated even after the main table importing if required.

- The simple logic being the subtables records are linked to the main table records so the subtables must be prepopulated before you link them to a Particular records.

- While deleting the records however you must first delete the links so the main table records must be deleted first and then the Lookups

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When try to add a new record in the Data Manager, i can first enter the main table values only e.g (name1/first name).

there is no value for the taxonamy, hierarchy,qualified look up table.

From this i know that first we have to import taxonamy, hierarchy,qualified look and then finally i should import main table.

Am i correct or not?

If not please correct me.

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Exactly!

- When you go and create a new record in data manager Main Table using Add->.you can add a new record no doubt but you will not be able to select the lookup values for that record as the lookups appear as a dropdown list and you are allowed only to select one value from the list and not write any thing there.

- But you will be able to slect a value from the list only if that list is populated or filled

- For that you will have to populate the list by importing the lookups in the look up table.

- Only then can you link that lookup value to the main table particular records

- If your lookup values are small enough(say around 30-50 values) you can even add them manually in the MDM Data manager

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes, you are right.

I will try to explain you more in simple terms.

There are two ways of Data Creation:

1. Using Data Manager - As Simona has mentioned that you first need to have values for the look-up tables. Only then you will be choose any 1 value from the look-up table in your Main Table. Otherwise if you create the Main Table record first, you will not have anything to choose from the Look-up Table.

2. Using Import Manager - This is the ideal way of importing Data. You should import the data in the Look-ups first.

Then while importing the data in the Main Table, you will have a look-up field in the MainTable. You will map that field and hence then you will get the linking between the Main Table and the Look-up Table.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona/Nitin/Talreja,

Thanks for correcting my thoughts.

Current situation:

Now i have created one Import Map ( XML format) automatic importing.

In this i have imported only the main table records.

So the during automatic import, only main table value will be imported (because xml strucure is main table structure).

But i think(not sure) client will ask me to import records for main table, hierarchy,taxonamy, qualified look up.

In this condition what i have to do?

Should i mopdify my map assigned to import server automatic?

If yes what modification i should take care?

If i am wrong please let me know the right way & correct me.

Thanks in advance

Viijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Also you cannot link Qualified table record with the Main table record unless main table record is created because we first select the main table record and then navigate to Qualified table.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

Current situation:

Now i have created one Import Map ( XML format) automatic importing.

In this i have imported only the main table records.

So the during automatic import, only main table value will be imported (because xml strucure is main table structure).

But i think(not sure) client will ask me to import records for main table, hierarchy,taxonamy, qualified look up.

In this condition what i have to do?

Should i mopdify my map assigned to import server automatic?

If yes what modification i should take care?

You are on the right track. Your XML file has the data for the Main table.

In real time, the look-ups are imported from a different file before the Main Table.

So you will most probably get the look-ups in a separate source file.

So in this case, you will first import the Looks-ups from the source file. Its optional to create a map for the import of Look-up data as it has a set of values and it is not imported time and again.

You will not require to modify the already exisiting Import map. But you will have to take care of the Value mapping while mapping the Look-up fields in the Main Table.

I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

- A single map can save the mapping pertaining to one table.

- Because when you save a map you will have to select the source and destination table in the map(in the top of the import manger source and destination hierarchy)which will be one table on the destination side as against the source file.

- This means if you want to automate the other tabels importing too like qualified/taxonomy etc then you will have to create differnt map for each and save them separately under separate Ports.

- So you will have to crete that many ports for that many automatic imports for taht many tables and the map pertaining to each table selected in the ports properties with each type as automatic.

- You will have to place the source file for each table eg taxonomy source file saved in that ports ready folder and then process is made to automatic

- So within that time interval if you have a source file in the port it will pick that file and use the corresponding saved map and automatically import the data.

However this is not the recommended way to create so many ports and process automation importing for each table a salready mentioned the subtable values are supposed to be leagal set of values whichdo not egt modifede or updated very frequently

So one time activity is what is recommented for the lookup tables and a manul process is what is need .

Howvever if the client insists this can be a the alternative solution

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please follow the below order:

1. Flat Lookups

2. Hierarchy

3. Main table

4. Qualified lookups

Just compare the import with the central master data creation. If you want to create a record using Data Manager then for this you should have data in your lookups and hierarchy tables. After that you will put data in Qualified tables.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If the main table is linked to the look up tables individually, then you can impot the data first into the look-up tables in any order. Then you will have to import the Maintable data and form the linking between the Maintable and the look-up table records.

However, if its a nested structure such as for ex.

Main Table->Qualifer table->Lookup Flat

That is, there is look-up flat table linked to the qualifed table whihc is in turn linked to the Maintable, then you will have to ideally import the data into Look up Flat first, followed by Qualified data and then the Main Table.

So import takes place at the lowest level first and deletion of data takes place at the Highest level( i.e from the Main Table level).

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the Lookup tables data should be loaded first.

Flat, Qualified, taxonomy, hieararchy.

Then you can load the Main table data.

Thanks,

Priya.