cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a new process in place due to which we do require to have billing doc. Earlier the Z item category was maintained as not relevant for billing.

Can you please give me the detailed list configuration to be made in order to get billing document created on basis of delivery document.

Thanks in advance!

Bawa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bawa

Go to VTFL select your existing delivery type and billing type and double click on Item. Now see whether that item category is flowing. If not, press F5 or click on New Entries. Maintain the item category and save.

For this item category, the copy controls may be maintained as follows:-

Copying requirements:::::004

Data VBRK/VBRP:::::::::::001

Billing quantity:::::::::::::::::B

Pos./neg. quantity::::::::+

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmi,

I dont see any copy control maintained del-billing. Do I have to get that maintain first? Can u please let me know how?

Thanks a ton!

Bawa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You require to maintain the Copy Control setting at header and Item level, in the case of Delivery --> Billing

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I did maintained copy controls and item category relevant to billing.

But unable to create billing doc and in log shows yellow light gives me an error that Delivery Doc is not for relevant for billing!

Can you help me to rectify this issue.

Thanks

Bawa

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bawa

As already suggested, go to VTFL, copy the standard LF <--> F2, rename it as your delivery type and billing type and proceed.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

I checked that its already maintained.

The error log says item not elevant for billing???

Can you comment.

I did checked item category and maintained relevance for billing. One thing is there that Pricing check mark is blank in item category controls, does this have any impact on billing doc?

Thanks

Bawa

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bawa

Yes It should have been X (not sure as I dont have access to SAP right now).

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check 'Relevant for Billing' field in relevant Item Category, in T.Code: VOV7. What is it maintained as?

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normal Sales Order Cycle:-

Step 1: Sales Document Type

IMG > Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents >

Sales Document Header:

1. Sales Document Type:The sales document types represent the different business transactions, such as Inquiry, Quotation, Sales Order, etc. To create new sales order type, always copy as with reference to similar sales order. If possible use standard sales order.

2. Define Number Ranges For Sales Documents: Maintain number range with discussion with core team.

3. Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types:

A. Combine sales organizations / Combine distribution channels / Combine divisions: Ensure to maintain these, else Sales Order creation will give error.

B. Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas: Assign only required Sales Order Types to required Sales Area. This will minimize selection of Sales Order Type as per sales area.

Sales Document Item:

1. Define Item Categories: If possible use Standard Item Category. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Assign Item Categories: If possible, use standard. Formula for deriving item category: Sales Document Type + Item Category Group + Usage + Higher Level Item Category = Item Category

Schedule Line:

1. Define Schedule Line Categories: If possible use Standard Schedule Lines. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Assign Schedule Line Categories: If possible, use standard. Formula for deriving Schedule Line: Item Category + MRP Type / No MRP Type.

Step 2:

IMG > Logistic Execution > Shipping > Deliveries >

1. Define Delivery Types: If possible use Standard Delivery Type. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Define Item Categories for Deliveries: If possible use Standard Item Categories for Delivery Type. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

3. Define Number Ranges for Deliveries: Ensure to maintain number range.

Step 3:

IMG > Sales and Distribution > Billing >

1. Define Billing Types: If possible use Standard Billing Type. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.

2. Define Number Range For Billing Documents: Ensure to maintain number range.

3. Maintain Copying Control For Billing Documents: Maintain relevant copy controls such as Sales Order to Billing, Deliver to Billing, etc.

Note: Ensure that Copy Control settings are done

Sales Order to Sales Order (QT --> OR): VTAA

Sales Order to Delivery (OR --> LF): VTLA

Sales Order to Billing (OR --> F1): VTFA

Delivery to Billing(LF --> F2): VTFL

Billing to Sales Order (F2 --> RE): VTAF

The configuration differs from scenario to scenario & requirement of the client.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka