cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware sizing for SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body tell me what is the best hardware sizing for SAP Server.........iam sending you the following options. Please tell me the best option.........Even if you have any own concerns let me know. Points will be awarded...........

Hardware Sizing information for the SAP server

o Option 1 u2013 Intel (H/W)+ Windows (OS)+ MS SQL (DB)

o Option 2 u2013 Intel (H/W)+ AIX (OS)+ DB2 (DB)..

Edited by: sandeep chanda on Aug 13, 2008 2:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A sizing is usually done together with the hardware partner using

http://service.sap.com/quicksizer

There relevant data (number of users, used components/modules etc.) are entered and the result is a number of SAPS. Then the hardware partner will make an offer for that number of SAPS (based on their benchmarks and experience).

It´s impossible to suggest a suitable hardware here in the forum without having an idea about the environment the system is used.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> A sizing is usually done together with the hardware partner using

>

> http://service.sap.com/quicksizer

>

> There relevant data (number of users, used components/modules etc.) are entered and the result is a number of SAPS. Then the hardware partner will make an offer for that number of SAPS (based on their benchmarks and experience).

>

> It´s impossible to suggest a suitable hardware here in the forum without having an idea about the environment the system is used.

>

>

>

> Markus

+1

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> It´s impossible to suggest a suitable hardware here in the forum without having an idea about the environment the system is used.

>

> Markus

Completely agree. I was about to suggest a 500mhz notebook for a 1 user SAP instance as a joke, but Markus beat me to it.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Completely agree. I was about to suggest a 500mhz notebook for a 1 user SAP instance as a joke, but Markus beat me to it.

lol

Thanx for the catch!

The bottom line is: If all the people asking for "hardware sizings" would just read the installation guides they would get all those informations for an initial install. Either they don't understand them or are just too lazy to just read'em - I don't know...

Markus

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm not so "polite"

Unfortunately, looking at the bulk kind of questions in the Forums, I'm pretty sure is the second (!__!)

> or are just too lazy to just read'em ..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't think AIX is available on Intel platform.

Edited by: Yoshimasa Kobayashi on Aug 13, 2008 6:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I appreciate your faster response.

But, please tell me the best option or if you have any thing that which you is suitable suggest me..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Generally speaking there are not big difference on the performace between OS/DB combination.

You can find the SAP benchmark result in website.

http://www.sap.com/benchmark

And it might be interesting for you to check following blog.

If you are not convinient with Unix/Linux system,

I recommend Windows/SQL combination.

If you don't like MS go for other optoins

Edited by: Yoshimasa Kobayashi on Aug 13, 2008 6:25 PM