Hi,

I have hierarchy table:

A

|__B

|__C

|__D

|__E

|__F

now i want to syndicate records which r under B (ie C,D & E)..... from Hierarchy table....... & not the whole record from main table.

Is it possible in MDM 5.5?

Thanks,

Mahi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can maintain all Hierarchy records into parent child form using property Split by Root/Leaf but using current table as Main table records.

Please Refer this links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0f3057f-a2f1-2a10-d091-ffb7fd35...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/42a68647-0b01-0010-8591-d5c98b65...

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for your reply.

But i think this will syndicate only that Hierarchy Node which belongs to Main table record.

But i want to syndicate All records ( As given in above example C,D & E)........ irrespective on Main table record.

Thanks

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

I am not sure whether I have understood your requirement correctly.

But I want to throw some light on the feature below:

In syndicator, there is a feature in Hierarchy Style, which can be of various types:

1. Node Name only- Only the node name is syndicated.

2. Unique Node Name- Here if 2 node names are same in records , then the unioque combination of that node and the Node before that is shown.

3. Full path Name - Here the entire path is shown in the syndicated file.

4. Partial partname from root - Here the number of nodes you want besides the root should be put. By default it is 0. Only the node name is shown.

Oresle, you can use- No- of levels in path name from root

5. Partial Name from Leaf - This is same as above but follow from leaf not the root.

You can use any of them depending on your requirement.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But i think this will syndicate only that Hierarchy Node which belongs to Main table record.

Yes you are right, one can syndicate Hierarchy Nodes which are linked with Main Table record. If you syndicate it using Hierarchy table as your Current Table it will syndicate records into Flat Structure there you could not guess which record is Parent/Child. The syndicated records will behave like Hierarchy at same level(node). For maintaining Parent/Child Relationship you have to syndicate using Main table as said in my above post but here the drawback is that you could syndicate Hierarchy nodes associated with Maintable records only.So syndicate complete Hierarchy table Possible if all this Hierachy leaf nodes associated with Main table records. So when you use Split by value Leaf then for this leaf Hierachy Node, Parent and Sub-Parents records you can too syndicate

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful.....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

But then it will syndicate whole Hierarchy Table.......... Right?

I want to do Sysndication depending on Particular search criteria.

e.g if I have following Hierarchy:

Market

...... Brand Group

........... Brand.

Now i want to syndicate all the brands that belong to particulat Brand Group.

Is it possible in Syndicator or data Manager?

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

I am not quite sure whether the entire record will be syndicated or not.

I think only for the Hierarchy, you will have to only map the Hierarchy fields in the Syndicator. So only that information will come. I have never worked on this requirement, but surely can give you suggestions. Might work.

For Searches:

But you can surely make any searches in the syndicator itself and then syndicate the search result out of MDM. You do not require Data Manager to do this.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Answers (0)