cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As you have seen on the Channel Partner Portal, we have announced that we will be making available a special version of Crystal Reports 2008 for SAP Business One 2005 and 2007.

[Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One on the Channel Partner Portal(S-user required)|https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000711038&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000183&_ADDINC=011000358700001192682007E&_OBJECT=011000358700001275662008E]

Please use this thread to ask any questions about this new release and i will endeavour to answer them as soon as possible

Regards

Richard Duffy

Edited by: Richard Duffy on Aug 13, 2008 5:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (20)

Answers (20)

Darius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This thread is way to long and will be closed.

Please use the whole forum to ask questions.

Best regards,

Darius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good news and bad news.

Let's start with good ones: it seems that someone put their hands on the server while I was gone so when I checked for the add-on on the server it was not installed and when I tried to install it again I got the same error I posted before. Therefor I uninstalled everything, put all the files in the correct directories and performed a successful fresh install. Add-on got installed on the server, configured, and is working ok now.

Moving on to the bad news: I went to the workstation, copied the files to the correct directories, followed all the installation steps provided in the add-on installation guide and the add-on got installed on the client machine without error. Thing is when I tried to start the add-on I got the following error message:

Automation Error
The specified module could not be found.

am I missing something else?

Thanks Lucasz for your previous help and thanks everybody for looking at this.

Regards,

Alejandro.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

<<Automation Error

The specified module could not be found>>

Have you been able to sort ot the issue??

Indika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indika, no, this is still an open item with the customer and I haven't been able to fix it so far, I've checked everything, even the frameworks and I'm starting to believe that there might be something wrong with the OS. I'll post here if I find the solution.

Thanks for asking Indika.

Regards,

Alejandro.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I hope you can help me with the following issue.

I have a customer that purchased this CR add-on and they've followed right to the letter all the steps needed for the installation.

On the server everything works fine but on the client workstations, when logged in as a super user you can see the add-on pending for install but if you hit the install button, the add-on throws the following error message:

Add-on Crystal Reports for SAP Business One: Failed to read binary data from database

The system configuration for their workstations is as follows:

SAP B1 Version: 2005A SP01 PL39

Crystal Reports for SAP B1 version: 2.0.0.6

On the server they have:

DB: SQL Server 2005 SE

Thanks!

Alejandro.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We are working on SAP B1 2007b . We are preparing reports in crystal reports 2008. For voucher we require size as 9 x 6 inches in portrait form. But in crystal report when i change to 9x6 inches it automatically changes to landscape. Can you plz suggest me some solution for this proble ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering what the difference is between Crystal Reports Basic 2008 and the normal Crystal Reports 2008. I know that Basic is stripped down but I don't know exactly in what fashion. I'm just trying to gauge whether Basic is going to work for me or if I'm going to need to get the full-blown version.

If I could get a detailed explanation on the differences, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Brent McDonell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brent, you can visit this page for more info:

[https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000566202008E|https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000566202008E] (requires S-User ID)

Below is a excerpt from that page

This special version of Crystal Reports 2008 has been designed to work only with data from your SAP Business One solution. This is the same product, from a functional perspective, that is available with a couple of restrictions and that is that the product is licensed for use only with SAP Business One data and associated Software Solution Provider data and includes drivers for Microsoft SQL Server and IBM DB2, the two supported databases for SAP Business One. Also, the redistributable .Net components are not included in this version. Partners and customers who wish to deploy the runtimes as part of their solutions to other organizations must acquire a full license of Crystal Reports 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to acess this link https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000566202008E (requires S-User ID) I get an "access denied" page. I did log in with my S user number. Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone can help me on my problem with SAP Crystal Report Integration.

I'm using Crystal Reports for SAP Business One 2.0.0.0 add-on.

Everything is working, i can access create , add, import, preview and print the report using the add-on but using a super user login name in SAP B1 2005 B p41. When i try to use a normal user login name only can access a few modules in SAP B1 i can't access all the menu of the add-on (e.g. Crystal Report, Account Setup and Manage Crystal Reports). I already setup the user and groups and all my reports are in public mode, but still it give me this message: " Only super users are allowed access to this function."

if some on encountered the same issue please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Raffy Magracia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I managed to install all the relevant SAP CR add-on and designer. All seems to be working fine. However, I am having some issues with the CR Manage Group. For example, I have created two groups, Group A with (User A) and Group B with (User A And User B).

The problem is when I assigned both Group A and Group B to a particular report, it will fail for User B to execute the report as the user authorisation issue.

Is it a CR addon issue?

Please help.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the steps to follow? Is someone reviewing this message?

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ossel,

What process do you want the steps for?

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have downloaded Crystal reports from SDN(provided Link) and i installed it to our server. But the Crystal Designer is not working. The installation guide says "C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\SAP_CR\Resources\CrystalDesignerPath.txt" to launch designer, in that .TXT file it says to go C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe. But I could't able to find the specified file.

Now the question is,

What would be the problem? How can I salve this issue?

Plz provide me a solution ASAP

Thanks in Advance

By

Kalai

lukaszc
Participant
0 Kudos

You have installed only Crystal Reports integration Add-on for SAP Business One but this is not the Crystal Reports Basic 2008 itself. You have to download the installer from Software Download Center.

Best regards

Lukasz Chomin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya thanks yar. Now am Trying to download from Business Objects.

By

Kalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I find the download for crystal reports 2008 intergration with SBO for SAP Business one 2005A.

The download links give the crystal report for USA and Canada only.

Has it been released yet ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin you can download the Crystal Reports Add-On for SAP B1 here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0a0c14b-0e20-2b10-939b-e93a19f1...

You will require the S-User ID though

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I have downloaded v2 on the SAP Addon and installed on my server, the Crystal runs well and I am happy.

The problem we have is when we try to install on individual workstations, installing the Crystal Runtime + .Net framework is all godd, however after installing the SAPCrystalSetup.exe and restarting SAP Business One the addon does not register in AddOn Manager, it does appear in the AddOn Administrator and is set to automatic.

How do I register the Addon on the workstation when it is already registered on the server?

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kevin,

The process for doing this is the same as any other Add-On for SAP Business One.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are describing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin, you've installed the SAP B1 Cystal Report Add-on on your server, and you can run the add-on from your server with no trouble.

Under the Add-on's folder --> Add On Manager:

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=craddon1ax0.jpg

The image above shows the add-on running / connected.

If that's the case, then there's nothing else to install on the client end, except to make sure that the users within your B1 system are allowed to run the add-on.

Under the Add-on's folder --> Add On Administration --> User Preference tab.

You'll see a list of user names on your left, each one of them will have their own preference per add-on

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=craddon2mq5.jpg

The image above shows the users and their add-on preferences.

Can you then log in to SAP B1 on an end user's pc, use the end user's username and see if the Crystal Report add-on runs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

FOR FURTHER NEWS ON SAP BUSINESS ONE OR CRYSTAL REPORTS

PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING LINK

http://data4experts.blogspot.com

Edited by: data4experts data4experts on Aug 31, 2008 1:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked our partner about getting us access to the download, and this was his response.

"There is no link to get Crystal Reports Basic. I know that brand new customers get a copy of Crystal with one (1) license but is not retroactive to current customers. I am asking SAP USA what we can do, if anything. You can purchase Crystal from any software store. The initial response was from one of SAPu2019s regional Sales managers."

Is he just clueless or do existing customers really not get access to Crystal Reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know who gets access to Crystal Reports Basic?

lukaszc
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

Is Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One available for download? I can't find it anywhere.

Lukasz Chomin

Computec SA

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I apologise for the delay however owing to a couple of late issues relating to the shipement of Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One the software wont be up on the download site until next week.

Sorry foir the inconvenience

Richard Duffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

Is Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One available for download?? I still can't find it anywhere.

Yuka

Vistavu solutions

lukaszc
Participant
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports Basic 2008 is available for download from Software Distribution Center under SAP Business One Products -> Installations -> SAP Business One 2007 -> CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008 FOR B1.

Best regards

Lukasz Chomin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Regarding Crystal Reports. I am running the Add-on and have used the 30 day trial license of the editor 2008. This is now expired.

Is there a perminent license available for Channel Partners that I can download and use?

Apologies if I missed the answer, I did look through the thread.

Many thanks Damian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Richard,

As i have installed SAP crystal reports add-on in my Laptop.Each module is showing the reports with crystal report section but after installing this add-on could you pls help me where all the reports come in the specific location for the reports which are related to each module.

how to see the reports ?? i am unable to see the reports of each module.

amit bathla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit, the SAP B1 Crystal Report (CR) add-on is just an add on for you to be able to call out the RPT file (Crystal Report file extension) via SAP B1's menu. There are no actual report files distributed with the SAP B1 CR add-on (for now). You could install the Crystal Report 2008 (30 day trial) and write a few reports and then link to them from within SAP B1 using the CR add-on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Davinder Singh .

when iam importing rpt file after updating it's showing system message This SQL transaction has completed,it is no longer usable. and it's showing operation sucessfully completed but it's not showing in manage crystal reprots list.plaese help me how we can show reports when we impoer new rpt files.

regds,

sampath kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sampath,

are you checking any parameter like $[$23....].. if you are using that pass crystal report parameter there and check the report...

Regards

PL.Chidambaram.

lukaszc
Participant
0 Kudos

This is because you use as the installation path the UNC (
server\share\) instead of local or shared drive (Z:\CR_Addon_Path).

Lukasz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

You can add crystal report menu in B!.

Rgds,

Premraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

We installed Crystal Reports for "SAP B1 Add-On" and have been testing it today. We were looking for a faster way to print 50+ different Crystal Reports from within SAP. We have been using an alternate Add-on called "Report One," but it seemed slow, especially on certain desktops (even on PCs with the same 2GB memory and faster CPU clock speeds.)

On one test today, our biggest, longest running CR (MRP-based with 3 sub-reports) took one minute 20 seconds using R1 to launch it. The new "CR for SAP B1 Add-On" took about 50 seconds to launch and run the same CR. Having to key in the users' Windows logon took about 10 seconds of the 50 seconds, so if you could eliminate that requirement from your product, not only would we save time, but you would eliminate a real hassle. The users are already logged into Windows and SAP, with resticted rights to the CR reports...so why another logon? And each report????

"SAP B1 Add-On" is faster for menu reports, which is desired, but it currently does not provide a means to override the built-in PLD template/printing with CR replacements. We need it to permit the convenient printing of a single PO, SO, Quote, Invoice, etc. directly from the form window with Print Preview and Print. R1 gives us that capability, automatically passing the document number to the CR as a parameter, which we would not want to loose. Without it, the user has to leave the PO window, for example, go to the Main Menu for your "CR for SAP B1" under the Purchasing menu, open it up, select the CR for POs, logon Windows again, key in the PO document number, and...then the purchase order would print. Not very convenient when compared to just clicking on Print Preview.

So you need to make two changes: 1) eliminate the extra Windows logons to use "SAP B1 Add-On" for each report and 2) provide a way to override the lame PLD templates with custom CRs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

There is any material for new learners of crystal reports.

I have intalled Crystal Report 2008 add-on for SAP Business one of 30 day trail.

But i am not able to use full fledge without any help.......,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata, you can locate more material on Crystal Reports 2008 on the SAP Portal (S-User required).

One quick way would be to view one of Richard's screen-casts here --> http://www.screencast.com/users/RichardDuffy (look for the one thats titled "How to find Crystal Reports Training on the Portal")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expart,

I have installed

1) Framework 3.5,

2)Crystal Reports for SAP Business One Version 1.0.0.1.

3) CRRuntime_12_0_mlb

4) Register the Crystal addon successfully on SAP B1 2005.

But i am not able to open designer for create new report.

and not able to find "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe".

I have tried the same installation on 2 Computer, But still not able find the designer.

Please guide me for to open and design new Crystal report.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you're referring to the add-on when you say "Crystal Reports for SAP Business One Version 1.0.0.1". If you are, then are you able to launch the add-on from within SAP Business One? You should be able to see a new Crystal Reports folder tab under every module (on the navigation tree menu - left of the screen).

In order to write / create new .RPT files, you will have to install Crystal Reports 2008 (Full application - 30 day trial). The download can be located here --> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0a0c14b-0e20-2b10-939b-e93a19f1... (900MB)

Locate the Crystal Reports 2008 and install the application.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you encounter an error whilst installing the Crystal Reports Basic 2008 in any language other than English please run the installation in English.

Please be aware this does not impact on the ability to utilise Crystal Reports language packs which are installed as a further part of the installation routine.

It only impacts the display of the installation screens.

This is a known issue and will be fixed in a future release of the product.

Regards

Richard Duffy

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you de-install the Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One application from a machine that also has the Crystal Reports Runtime installed as part of the Crystal Integration Add-On downloaded from the SDN you may encounter a .Net component error when trying to view Crystal rReports from inside SAP Business One.

This is caused by the de-installation process removing files installed by the runtime and can be remedied by re-instralling the Crystal Reports Riuntime from the Crystal Add-On build files downloaded from the SDN.

Regards

Richard Duffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it available for download yet?

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It should be available for download by the end of next week from the SAP Channel Partner Portal.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about end users? I'm a live B1 customer and we try to avoid going through our channel partner as much as possible, since we do all our work in house. I feel like SAP ignores us a lot of the time because many good resources are only available on the partner portal.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately as this product is only available to those customers who are current on their SAP maintenance, the Channel Partner is responsible for ensuring that maintenance is current and providing the software as per our normal process.

If you encounter any issues as a result of this process feel free to contanct me for a resolution.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am current on my maintenance, and I can download any version of B1, patch level, Web Tools, XL Reporter / ALD and everything else I need directly from service.sap.com. Why should this be any different?

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Then you will be able to download CR 2008 Basic as well.

Not all customers have access to the portal - my apologies for any confusion.

Cheers

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Join the SAP Business One User Group as there are many like minded individuals as you. We are in fact trying to improve direct contacts with SAP as well as trying to improve the resellers (tough ask, I know)

There's a number of members networking now, a type of self help group. Give it a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

The version of crystal reports available for download on the portal is for 90 days. Can partners who download this version renew it again when the 90 days is up?

Regards

Paula O' Connor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paula, you can use this link https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001275662008E (S-User ID required) to download the Crystal Reports Basic 2008 for SAP Business One (in the right hand area)