Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW TO SCM-APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SCM-APO.

Please send some basic documents or links related to SCM.

Thanks in Advance...

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'd definitely recommed to go through the help.sap.com it is the most complete documentation available at this moment.

regards,

Luiz Giani

Former Member
0 Kudos

pleae check this thread for more ways to learn APO and also you can refer to service.sap.com for release notes and FAQs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I recommend you start with the Website help.sap.com, under the links for SCM 5.0.This will give you an insight into the many facets of the Advanced Planning and Optimization module.

I also suggest you go through the book "Supply Chain Management with APO" by Jorg Dickersbach, for the concepts involved.

Best of Luck!!

Thanks and Regards,

Sharath Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Overview

SAP (Advanced Planning and Optimizer) or SAP (APO)is the planning component within the mySAP SCM solution. APO is an acronym for Advanced Planner and Optimizer. This is a large component of SAP's New Dimension products. APO is an entire suite of supply chain planner applications that increase overall knowledge of the supply chain and provide forecasting, planning and optimization. There are eight application levels within SAP APO: network design, supply network planning, demand planning, production planning and detailed scheduling, transportation planning and vehicle scheduling, global availabilty and supply chain collaboration.

The SAP APO is not a standalone application and requires a backend ERP system such as SAP R/3 for the execution. SAP R/3 communicate with SAP APO using the the APO Core Interface (CIF) which supplies SAP APO with the master and the transaction data in the real time. Interaction between the SAP R/3 at backend and the SAP APO is in real time and any data related to the production, the sales or the supplies is immediately transfered from one system to another without requiring any batch processing.

The efficient way of installing some standard SAP APO scenarios is by reference to the SAP Best Practices for Supply Chain Management.

Modules within SAP APO

Supply Chain Cockpit

Demand Planning - a toolkit of statistical and collaborative forecasting techniques.

Supply Network Planning - used to calculate quantities to be delivered to a location in order to match customer demand and maintain the desired service level.

Global Available to Promise - uses a rule based strategy to ensure you can deliver what you promise to your customers.

Transportation Planning / Vechile Scheduling - optimizes transportation route and schedules vehicle resources.

Service Parts Planning

Production Plan / Detailed Scheduling - create procurement proposals for in-house production or external procurement to cover product requirements and optimizes the same

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Naga

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sharath,

Find yr recommendation on "Supply Chain Management with APO" by Jorg Dickersbach, . It seems to be of Version 4.1 . Will that suffice for basic concepts on APO or a newer version will be preferable .

Request for yr views.

With regards,

Mrinal