cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload a file into document management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to upload a document directly into the document management system of an R/3 system using a JSP.

I am able to load the file into the Java class, but I can't find a RFC to save the document in R/3.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I do have a similar problem. I am able to upload a file from SAPGui to Document Management System (GOS) but not able to do the same from Web Client, I am working in 4.6C.

If you get the soln pl let me know.

Thanks

Bhavani

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

check out the function group BDS_BAPI .

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you load a file? I´m trying to upload a file from the disk. do you know how?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you provide an example code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search the pdf "How to Mass Upload Documents to BW.pdf", this is a good way to start. I use it to upload single file to master data.

justin_thomas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there - by 'document management system', do you mean you want to load the doc into the BDS? There are several classes that assist you with this - you could easily write a 'wrapper' remote-enabled function module that you could then call from your RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am writting a GOS FM which is a Remote Enabled wrapper by using existing GOS FMs. But it seems it is using Local file related tables, so when I use it in remote calls like uploading file from a web client it is not working. But if I use the same from SAPGui it iis working fine.

For that one alternative is using ITS. But do you have any other idea which works fine for the remote calls. That is if I upload file from Web client it should upload into CMS, the storage location where the files uploaded from GOS reside.

Any ideas in this regard are great help.

Thanks

Bhavani