cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account groups & Sales order types for 5 Companies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There are 5 company codes under one client but these are five different operating entities (Companies). I mean there is no intercompany process at all. One company will act as a customer / Vendor to another and even they file there IT returns separately.

But the business (Sales / Purchases) processes in these company codes are exactly the same.

Please help me out with the following issue under the above situation:

1) Will there be a common Account Group for all 5 company codes as it is defined at client level or there should be a separate Account Group Company codewise as 5 companies are operating separately.

2) Similarly Sales Document types i.e., ZIN, ZQT, ZOR, ZLF, ZF2 should be defined separately for each company code or not?

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Sap recommends diifrent company code if business process id diffrent.

You can have same account group , you can use same account group for all company code.

Documents types are defined in general. Them you assigene sales area for that document type.

You create customer under that company code.

Hope this will be helpful.

If you need more information, pl feel free.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh Thanx,

If I share same Account groups (say Z001 Sold to Party) for all 5 Company Codes, they will have a single number range. That means individual company will not have its customers in a continous number range (Internal) like for eg., 1,2,3,....etc. But will that affect any business scenario/process.

Similar problem (Number Range) will be when I share a single document type for 5 companies.

In nutshell, Will there be any financial or operational implication if I do this.

Regards,

Pankaj

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use user exit ,

User exits in the program MV45AFZZ

Use tcode SMOD

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE

Use this user exit to define the number ranges for internal document number assignment depending on the required fields. For example, if you want to define the number range depending on the sales organization (VKORG) or on the selling company (VKBUR), use this user exit.

The user exit is called up in the FORM routine BELEG_SICHERN

Hope this will help you.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

It depends on client what he demands. Accroding to we have to design.

If he wants for each company code customers in sequential manner , then you need multiple acct group.

For one sales docuemnt you can't have diifrent no range as Std sap practise.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to have separate Account Group for each Company Code.

In the case of Sales Document Type, the same can be used, by activating a userexit to separate the number range for sales document type in each company code.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Cud u please highlight a little bit as to How to activate User Exits to separate a number range for sales document type for each company code.

Thnx & Best Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh Banka / SD Experts

Pls elaborate as to why you recommend separate account group for different company code ?

What are the pros and cons

Thanks

Anila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

The suggestions to accoutn groups can be set based on the user requirments

if the user has requirement that number rnage should be different for customers , then u can think of configuring different account groups

if there is no specifi requirement to identify the customer by number , then single account group can be used

for the doucment types again , a single document type can be used for all the company codes, unless there is some other specific case where in seperate document type is required

Hope this helps

thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akasha,

You said : for the document types again , a single document type can be used for all the company codes, unless there is some other specific case where in seperate document type is required

Cud you plz lemme know an example of any such specific case. Because if single document type for 5 companies is not affecting any Business Process Financially and operationwise. I can go ahead by sharing one document type for 5 Companies.

Only one thing cud be is the number range, which will also be shared. Am I right ?

Thnx & Best Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1: you may have 1 Common Account group for all 5 as it might help you while console.

2: You assign Sales Document to Sales Area, and sales areas are assigned to Company codes. So, yes you have to maintain Sales Document for Sales Area (which will refering to other Sales Areas).

Best Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since Sales Processes are similar, all sales document types can be same for all five company codes.

regards,

vimal