cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot not generated after goods reciept?

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPIENTS,

Can you all tell me why the Inspection lot not generated after goods reciept?

which setting I am missing. I have assigned inspection type to material master data. ALl the necessary setting on QM data tab of material master I have done.

What is that missing?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might not have activated inspection type 01. Means the activa indicator might be missing. Check whether the material is in QI stock. In that case if Post to Insp stock was active, then 08 lot will be released.

Check it

regards

Ashwin

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

ACtivate indicator against Inspection type 01 is activated. If inspection lot is not created than how can material be in quality inspection lot?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can happen. Even if no inspection type is active, goods can be posted to QI stock. This can be done by activating Post to Inspection stock indicator in QM view.

You first check whether the material is in Quality or Unrestircted.. Then we can definitely fix the cause

Regards

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

If the type is activated then check the following.

Trx MIGO, Item Details Data, In the tab Wher, check the "stock type",

For Purchase order display screen In Item Details under Delivery tab check the stock type.

They both should be Quality inspection. It is changed in PO then it may possible the GR don't creates the lot.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

How can I check material is in Quality or Unrestircted?

Regards,

kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to MMBE and enter the material and storage location. You will be able to see where the qty from migo has gone ..

Ashwin

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

Where were you? You picked up correct. In PO it is for Quality Inspection but in MIGO it has been recived in unrestricted.

Now tell me what should I do for the next time it should not happen? I mean to say some default setting or any other setting. Because Once QM data is maintained for that material than it should not happen at time of PO or MIGO. Automatically system should set for inspection.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

You can make that field either invisible or non-modifiable.

Hence the value in this field migrates or set from the PO only so i think the filed restriction will be worth full for you.

I know your next question will be how? I am searching for the same and let you know ASAP.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Aug 13, 2008 2:42 PM,

Hi Kaushal,

I think I got it.

Run the TRX OMJX

Set the radio button HIDE for the field Stock Type.

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

I don wan to hide. I want If i Have maintained QM data in material master than inspection lot to be generated automatically at the time of GR of this material.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes dear and such so the system do also. Is it not doing?

try it with the fresh data.

New PO,New GR lot will surely generate.

I have suggested to hide it because I suspect some one had manually changed it in MIGO. So I wrote to hide it.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (0)