cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI sheet function module call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using PI sheets for process orders.

Let us say, there are four fields on PI sheet for which data needs to be entered.

user enters data in first three fields.

For the last field (i.e 4th field), value is based on first field and another value present in Z-table. i.e a calculation logic needs to be performed for determining 4th field value.

Requirement is to calculate and display that calculated value in 4th field. This should be acheived without using push button functionality.

Please let me know if this requirement can be acheived and how it can be acheived.

regards,

sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Vijaya,

Yes it is possible.

Add characteristic PPPI_EVENT just before the Characteristic PPPI_CALCULATION_ FORMULA.

And select PARAMETER_CHANGED as a value for this PPPI_EVENT.

Note :- You have to use PI catagory type 0 for this.

System will do the calculation without pressing that Calculator tab.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

As you said, I was able to acheive this.

Now we are facing problem with a value that gets defaulted automatically for all the rows.

I am using the below logic:

340 PPPI_REQUESTED_VALUE ZPPPI_MATL_ISSUE

370 PPPI_FUNCTION_NAME Z_TEST_TEST1

375 PPPI_EVENT PARAMETER_CHANGED

380 PPPI_EXPORT_PARAMETER YIELD

390 PPPI_STRING_VARIABLE &0095&

410 PPPI_IMPORT_PARAMETER QTY

420 PPPI_FLOAT_VARIABLE VAR1

425 PPPI_INPUT_REQUEST Qty

430 PPPI_DEFAULT_VARIABLE VAR1

440 PPPI_VARIABLE VAR2

490 PPPI_REQUESTED_VALUE ZPPPI_CALC_GR_QTY

In the above logic, we are taking the value of VAR1 into ZPPPI_CALC_GR_QTY.

Our instruction is of type repeated.

so If I am pressing the add line button after entering data in first row, system is defaulting value calculated in row 1 to all the subsequently added new rows for that column.

In order to avoid this, I have changed the event to close table line. Then system is not defaulting the value calculated in row 1 to other rows, but now the problem is value is not calculated untill I close the row.

do you know how we can stop the value getting defaulted into other rows when I press add line button (by using event changed).

Best regards,

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Vijaya,

Instruction which you gave created is something new to me.So I can guess only.I think problem is you have used VAR1 as Default Variable(PPPI_DEFAULT_VARIABLE).May be that's why this happens.

Regards,

Dhaval