cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC error 'You cannot access FINANCE. Please try logging on again'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we try to enter into BPC for Excel, we get the following error message - 'The system cannot connect to the server. There may be network or security issue' and 'You cannot access FINANCE. Please try logging on again'.

Note: We have created a new user id and assigned all Task profiles (primary admin, secondary admin and system admin) and standard admin access profile (member access profile). So we dont see any security/access issues.

Please suggest how we can resolve this error.

thanks/regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi LOKESH,

Can you tell your situation more?

1:Can you access with other application or application set?

2: Also, were you used to be able to connect to the server and this is the first time that you got the error? - I assume not...

Atsushi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atsushi,

Thanks. We installed our BPC server recently and this is a new server. I am getting the same error with all applications and application sets.

This is the first time we are using this server. We never entered any application or application sets before in this server.

Is this a network issue? Any suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the AppSet available?

Greets René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greets René,

Thanks. APPSET is AVAILABLE.

thanks/regards,

LOKESH NANDULA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh

Can you please let me know from where the BPC server is fetching your login crednetials?

If it is directly from BPC server then you face this problem.

Try these alternatives

1. Log on to server and try accessing Applications

it will work fine

2. Create a user ID on your machine with local admin rights(your network team aware of this) and try accessing the applications. It will work.

If you pass through the above 2 litmus tests then you need to re install your server in such a way that it should fetch the user details from your company domain.

I am not a network professional, else I should have explained much better.

Thanks

Anil Kaalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just double check that the application dimensions which are secure are all included in your member access profile. This type of error is very common when a profile does not include any members of a secured dimension for example. Standard application security will probably be Entity & Category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

Thanks. Our Windows login id and SAP BPC id are different. I have admin rights on my machine, but i cant use this id for SAP BPC. Its company's policy decision.

When we open BPC, we manually give the user id, password and domain. We tried with ADMINISTRATOR id in SAP BPC. Still we get the same error. This id is working fine for BPC Admin. But its not working for BPC for Excel/word/Powerpoint.

thanks/regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh

I am talking about Local ID created on your machine.

Generally in a company all user ids created are mapped to your company domain.

I am talking about the other case where the user id created is Local one.Check with your network team on this.

It is key road for the trouble shooting.

Best Regards

Anil Kaalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anis.

Thanks. Only Entity and Category are defined in the access profile. Only these two dimensions are secured in Finance application.

Could this error is due to Office 2007. Because only office components are not working (like BPC for Excel/Word/Powerpoint. BPC Admin is working fine with same user id).

Thanks/regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you ping the server name? make sure there is a connection ok from your local client machine?

Also, is it a fully qualified server name your putting through the connection wizard? or a short server name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis. Thanks. We are able to access BPC Admin (we created a new application set also). So i think connectivity is fine. Only Office components are not working. Is it due to Office 2007. Have you use BPC with office 2007.

thanks/regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil. Thanks. I created user id on my local machine and added it to admin group. Will test using that id and update you.

We are able to access BPC Admin (we created a new application set also). Only Office components are not working. Is it due to Office 2007. Have you used BPC with office 2007.

thanks/regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil. Thanks. You gave us the perfect solution. Great.

I created user id on my local machine and added it to admin group. When i access SAP BPC using the ID created on my local machine, its working fine. i.e, I am able to open BPC for Excel. I have informed my basis and network team to crack this issue. I am sure they will do it by tommorrow. Thanks for your suggestion.

thanks/regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you share some more information on how to crack this issue. Our network team has not yet done it.

As i told you, if i login to my machine using my domain id/ windows login, BPC Excel is not opening. But when i login to my machine using local id created on my machine, then BPC is working.

thanks/regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

did you find a solution to your problem ? I think I am facing the same issue here.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

I also had a problem trying to log in to BPC for Excel, but i've got another error, i.e. "There are no available application sets" when i have clearly created one.

What do you mean by creating a user id in your local computer? is it the computer running SQL Server 2005 and BPC server or is it the one running BPC Office? Can you narrate the steps in details?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We added our company's domain id to the BPC server. Now we login from our client machine to BPC server using our domain id (Windows ID).

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your error could be due to security issues. Please check member access profile and task profiles. Are you using Excel 2007? Do you login using a domain id?

Our problem was with login to bpc server from client machine. We have a domain id here. We need to login to our company network using our domain id first. Then we will login to BPC. But this didnt work initially. Now its working because we added our domain to BPC server. Using domain id, we did reinstallation of BPC.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !

Will do the same,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh

I am sorry i didnt reply you back since am out of the town.

I understood your problem has resolved now.

Get in touch with me on my id hyd.anil on gmail

Best Regards

Anil

Answers (0)