cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui setup 6.20 - patch SETUP620_14-10001502 fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hei

After succesfully installing Gui 6.20 the patch version SETUP620_14-10001502 fails.. it's giving error "failed to open/parse setup script. Please check if the script file 'setup/sapsetup.xsc' exists". I'v done at least 60 installation succesfully before but all of a sudden I start getting this error when trying to patch..

this sapsetup.xsc exists in the installation folder.

anyone got any clue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be old news by now, but I just came across this "failed to open/parse" problem. The solution for us was to change the Provider Order in the Windows (2K and XP) Network control panel of the workstation. Our install files are on a NetWare server and it had been working fine for many installs. The only thing that had changed was we had adjusted the Provider Order so that Microsoft Network was first (this solved another unrelated problem) switching NetWare to first solved the problem, also leaving MS first and putting the install files on a MS server also works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are now getting similar problems attempting to install the patch on some of our clients. Did you ever get a fix? If so what did you do?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What compilation of GUI 6.20 6 I think is the latest we use 5 or 640 and have had no problems (OK 640 has a patch)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done some more testing at this end, and the problems seem to be assosciated with shares existing to the c:\ other than the standard C$ shares. Some how the sapset up picks the share up and substitues it into the installation / server paths causing the patch to fail?

If we remove the shares it works fine? I have not figured out how or why yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish I had seend your solution earlier. OSS has nothing on this, but as you said, just the sharing on disc C: caused a lot of lost time.

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You guys should update this to the OSS so they can look at it from that angle.