cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA32 View doesnt show Inspection , defects buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When a user opens QA32 TX while he is working with in CS module , he can not see the Inspection, Defects , and UD buttons., but if we give him a QM role he can view all the buttons..Can anyone please tell me where should i give him some authorization while he is only owrking in CS to get those buttons display in QA32.

Thanks alot in advance..

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

that could be the authorizxation problem.

you can chek from his user id what all the roles are assigned

(t-code SU01)

then check iof he got any QM role, in that role it cuould be restricted.(t-code PFCF)

-pl check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SBS and all,

Thanks for ur reply,

I know its dependent on the authorization , but if u go thru the question , i have asked he is a Customer Services (CS) user and his work is linked with Quality Management(QM)

as well, so if he only has CS role , he can open QA32 but with less buttons in the bar like Inspection, defects and UD doesnt show in his display...So what i want is just to make those buttons display on his QA32 screen. Hos can i do that?

Thanks

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can they use QA33? Do they need to record defects? resutls?

QA32 is the edit screen and if the CS person is not allowed to edit, then that is your problem and due to your security settings.

Since QA33 is display only, then this might work for them unless your security has taked away the display transactions as well.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SBS and all,

Thanks for ur reply,

I know its dependent on the authorization , but if u go thru the question , i have asked he is a Customer Services (CS) user and his work is linked with Quality Management(QM)

as well, so if he only has CS role , he can open QA32 but with less buttons in the bar like Inspection, defects and UD doesnt show in his display...So what i want is just to make those buttons display on his QA32 screen. Hos can i do that?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for ur reply, Well i want the CS person to have all those fields..I have seen QA33 is display, but the issue i m facing here is if some fields the ones i mentioned above , are not displaying is there a way that i can get them displayed to CS person..B/c i dont get any authorization error for not having those screens..

Thanks alot..

Really appreciate..

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can only assume that you might have some user exits that are removing these buttons based on authorization. (Which I never really understood why folks do that). Each button runs an underlying transaction so you need to see if they can run those transactions.

For instance, the UD button runs QA11 off of the QA32 screen and runs QA13 off of the QA33 screen.

So you should see if the CS person can run QA11 or QA13. If they can't, get them access to QA13. Then see what happens.

I can't imagine why a CS person needs QA32 and the 'write' transactions behind them. A CS person should never be doing a UD in most business situations.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adnan,

It is mainly related to Authorization problem.

Check once again all QM related authorization Object.

Regards,

SBS