cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDMGX Object Type- CUSTOMER missing?? in ECC-Eh2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to load CUSTOMER repository with Check tables. When i went into MDMGX (in ECC, Enhancement Pack2)--> Object Types, I found entries for Article, BusinessPartner, Catalog & Product. But Customer, is missing.

1) Is CUSTOMER related ports & Checktable entries are not provided by SAP(by default)? Should we maintain them manually for each of the 68 Check Tables in ECC? Is there a faster way to maintain these if we need to do them manually?

2) How can i use "Upload ports & Check Tables" using a file. What should be the file format?

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Customer reference table, the MDM Business content which you can download (from Service Market Place ) also contains MDMGX_ 55XXX_Customer.txt file in your Customer.zip folder. Now Go to R/3 System go to T-code SE38 execute Report MDM_GX_UPLOAD_MDMGXC1

and then upload this MDMGX_ 55XXX_Customer.txt file. Make sure that Remove Header Line checkbox is selected while executing the report.

For checking upload result in SAP client system, start transaction MDMGX in SAP client system and select Maintain Ports and Check-Tables menu item.

System opens a selection screen. In selection screen select Customer as object Type (can select this using input help or F4 help) and choose Execute.

MDMGX is use to load lookup table data(Reference data) which always need to be fill before filling Master data. you dont need XI for MDMGX to bring Data from R/3 system.

For transaction MDMGX follow this pdf file from Service Market Place as.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000394732006E/MDM554_GenericExtactor.pdf which give you step by step explaination.

You can also find settings for MDMGX:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

Hope it solves your Query,

Rewards if found Useful......

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

MDMGX standard content for the Customer repository was added with a later release of MDMGX. The first release contains only the objects that you have mentioned. Check SAP Note 964991 and related notes for details. Most probably it's a good idea to import the latest SP levels of the PI/SAP_APPL plugins into your system (if possible).

Cheers

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

I need to load CUSTOMER repository with Check tables. When i went into MDMGX (in ECC, Enhancement Pack2)--> Object Types, I found entries for Article, BusinessPartner, Catalog & Product. But Customer, is missing.

Article, BusinessPartner, Catalog & Product, these object types are defined by SAP, if you want to replicate the reference data to the customer repository then you have to Define Object Type.

Just click on Define Object Type, go to edit mode and click on New Entries and define the object type and Save.

then click on Upload ports & Check Tables then select the object type which you have defined and select the text file for customer. and select execute.

You can find the text file (Name as MDMGX_Version_Customer.txt) for the customer repository in the statndard business content of MDM Server.

then for checking the result, you can click on Maintain Ports and Check Tables then select object type which you have defined and select execute. you can see the entries for replicate the reference data.

I hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...