cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset user password using function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a way to reset a user's password to an SAP generated random password.

I need a FM that will only take user id, email and new password as input.

The scenario is similar to a website user who clicks on I forgot my password link.

SAP should generate a new password for the user and email it after verifying the user with the valid email.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Maninder Sawhney

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response.

I had tried this FM.

Let me clarify. I am creating this user through the BP transaction(BUP005 role). I am manually or programatically entering the User ID and password. I am fine till getting the User id, but am not aware how to reset the password.

The Internet user field is being saved with the email address.

During web applications, if the user enters this email id and wants to reset password, we need to pick the corresponding user id and reset that password.

Now, using the FM you suggested, I am getting the following return messages:

1. If i enter email address in the email import parameter, I get "The password is only sent to the E-Mail address saved previously".

2. If I enter email address in the Alias field, I get "Password not reset, so e-mail address cannot currently be found".

Please advice.

Maninder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to use the "Susr_Internet_Password_Reset" FM in my .NET SAP Connector application.

Did you make it work? I´m meddling with the syntax which I don´t seem to get to grips with.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Brgds

Allan

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you tried this function module?

SUSR_INTERNET_PASSWORD_RESET

Regards,

Rich Heilman