cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management system - Document Type configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are have having document type same as Document class (Dock Type PDF = Dock Class PDF). Now we have to identify documents that are stored based on geographical location. Is there any possibilities to differentiate the based on different region by using Doument parts or some other ways?

Thanks in Advance.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use diffentiate the the doc on geographical by using lab office field.

nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please discribe more on lab office field. How it will helping in differentiating the documents based on the different locations.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

This can be possible by two ways;

1 you assign lab office for document type.

2 assign geographic characteristics to doument by way of classification in DIR.

for Lab office;

Goto SPRO-Cross appln comp-Doc management-Gen Data-define Lab / office. Here u have to define diff offices as per your geographic locations. Then in Doc type in field selection you have to make lab/office as required entry. By doing this u can search documents based on Doc type & Lab/office location.

for Classifcation;

You have to create geographic characteristic in CT04, and needs to assign tht to class in CL02 with class type 017. In DIR by classification tab you have to assign Geo char with Document. By this way also you can search document based on classification.

for less complex classification option 1st is advisable.

Please award points if above information is useful/solves your problem.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Promod,

It was a good suggestion and right answer but due to down time in this week i am not able to configure anything and test it. However i understood the concepts. If you have a document please drop to my id which is there in the business card.

Great Thanks!

-Thanks,

Ajay