cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity conversion while creatng PO from external requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in SRM 5.0 (classic scenario). I am facing a stange problem in creating PO from sourcing for external rrequirement. If the external requirement quantity is in 'Meter' and in contract if the quantity is in 'Kilometer', then it ends with error. (Error message: "Use a material with order unit KM')

As per the requirement, the PO quantity should be in quantity which is there in contract. So, I converted the quantity from 'Meter' to kilometer' in BADI 'BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW'. When the PO creates, it is correctly populating the PO unit. But it is not coverting the quantity. For example, if the requirement quantity is 1000 meter, then I am converting into 1 KM. In PO, the unit 'KM' is populating correctly. But in PO, it is still displaying '1000' and not 1. Actually, in my badi, it is passing as 1KM only. As per my debugging, the value gets changed when it calling the RFC function module 'BAPI_PO_CREATE1'.

If anyone come across such issue, please let me know the solution. Also when the RFC function module is called how do I debug it from SRM to ECC?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nowsath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel the problem could be identified if you know what exactly is being passed to BAPI to create PO.

Set the parameter FBGENDAT to 'X' for the RFC user in R3 in SU01 and create an PO from SRM for the scenrio you mentioned. This will create the test data for the BAPI with the values passed from SRM.

Investigate the test data. You will get a lead

Regards

Ramesh