SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC/EAN Required Field in IDOC for PRICAT Inbound?

0 Kudos

Hi

I'm just playing with PRICAT Inbound Processing based on IDOC PRICECATALOGUE02 and transaction W_PRICAT_MAINTAIN.

I've got the basics to work but noticed now that when you want to create more than one unit of measure (i.e. Base unit Each and additional unit Case = 12 Each) you have to have a separate UPC / EAN for the additional Case unit of measure in segment E1BPPRODUNITS. Field EAN_UPC_ALTUNIT is required there.

You also can't just put the same UPC in, that gives an error since it's internally a duplicate key.

We could dummy up our own internal UPC but that doesn't seem to be the right "best practice" approach.

Obviously many vendors will provide a Case quantity (i.e. for rounding or order unit or internal logistics) but they don't necessarily have a UPC for all other units of measure (especially thinking about pallets or packs or so).

Did anybody implement PRICAT inbound or has detailed knowledge and can confirm that the UPC/EAN for case is a required field in the IDOC.

Does anybody have a smart idea how to handle it if it is really the case.

Thanks a lot

Rudy

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not worked on Pricat ..but confirm me one thing that..which UPC you are using in Article Master..

If you are using diff unit of measures you need to maintain diff UPC's..

I need more info about this.

0 Kudos

yes, htat's how it looks like when you load in via PRICAT. Normally when you maintain different units of measure in MM42 obviously you don't need to have a UPC on every unit but it seems the syntax of PRICAT inbound expects a different UPC on every unit of measure since it's used as the key to identify that unit.

luke_manning
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

I am implementing PRICAT Inbound for a client right now. Yes, you do have to have a specific GTIN (EAN) for each unit of measure. This is not a SAP thing, but rather a case of SAP adhering to the best practice as defined by GS1 (see www.gs1.org for more details). A prerequisite for the sending of catalog data by a vendor is therefore that they must have a gtin defined for each unit of measure that they use. If they are using the xml standard for message transmission, then the element is mandatory.

Note that you can process an inbound PRICCAT02 message (the old approach) where one of the units of measure does not have it's own gtin. In this case, SAP adds the value "UNKNOWNxx" as the EAN in PRICAT. However, you have to change this to a valid UOM in order to save the catalogue.

I am not sure if you or any other responders to your message are still working with PRICAT, but if so, I would greatly appreciate if you could have a look at my post to this forum earlier today.

Thanks,

Luke