cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of SRM-MDM Catalog Search UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OSS note on SRM-MDM installation (1057316) is very short in describing the deployment of the search and config UI. It simply says to download two sca files and then:

"Please use the SDM (Software Deployment Manager) of your SAP Netweaver Application Server Java installation for deploying the files"

I feel like I missed something. Shouldn't there be a step before this that says to install SAP Netweaver AS Java?

Based on SRM-MDM documentation "Catalog & Master Data Management with SAP SRM" it seems SAP recommends a server with SAP NW AS Java where the components MDM Connector, SRM-MDM Admin UI, SRM-MDM search UI, and the SRM-MDM database reside. (A separate server hosts the MDM Import Server and the MDM server.)

My main question is - where can I find more information on how to set up this SAP NW AS Java server to support SRM-MDM Admin and Search UI? Does the NW AS JAVA install include the SDM? Is it really as simple as installing SAP NW AS JAVA and deploying those two SCA files?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I haven't started the installation yet; I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something as I am unfamiliar with SDM.

Tamas_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need a J2EE server (this is a part of SAP Netweaver), where you can deploy the .SCA files.

The SDM is a part of SAP Netweaver J2EE server.

The deployment is very simple, in SDM you have to choose the files and push "Next" button. Then the deployment will run automatically.

Regards,

Tamá

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There was no problem for system admin to install it. Do you have issue installation step or deployment step ?

Step 1 - Install SAP NW AS Java

[http://service.sap.com/form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000659894&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&|http://service.sap.com/form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000659894&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&]

Step 2 - Deploy SCA files.

Regards,

Masa