cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification of Principal propagation along the chain of components involve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying to implment principal propagation at a client side. The scenario for which we need to get this to work is SOAP (standard PI SOAP Adapter) to ABAP Proxy receiver in ECC6.

The client is using PI version 7.0 SP 14 (with kernel Patch number 133) and ECC6 SP14 (also with kernel Patch number 133). The SAP documentation is recommending to have at least ABAP Kernel Patch level 149 installed.

My first question therefore is to understand whether Kernel 149 is mandatory for PP to work end-to-end.

I also have to mention that I got principal propagation working on my own PI system which is based on SP15 (with ABAP Kernel Patch 146) using the same scenario. I have a client within my PI system that acts as a Business system (ABAP proxy receiver) similar to the demo scenarios.

I have followed the same installation steps for the setup of the client systems (PI and ECC6) but don't seem to get the propagation to take place. However my interfaces are running without failing and I can see in SXMB Moni that the flag for principalPropagation is set to 1. So it appears that the propagation is setup correctly but when I log the sy-uname in my ABAP proxy receiver the user of the XI Aadapter is still used instead of the propagated user.

The documents I used for the configuration are the SAP online documentation, OSS Note 974873 and the blog Principal Propagation in XI from Alexander Bundschuh.

Because of the many components involved (SOAP Adapter, AE, IE, Business systems proxy framework) it is very hard to track down where the problem is. Is there a process one can recommend on how to test whether PP works in each of these components, e.g. how can I check whether a ticket has been issued to the SOAP client, etc.)

Thanks. Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have been able to resolve the issue and thought I share this with you.

The problem was caused by the initial configuration of SSO for PI the customer did. The SSO for the integration repository, SLD and RWB was all working fine. However I found that the client they configured for the J2EE engine was 001. Once I changed this to client 999 (really doesn't exist) it all worked including principle propagation.

So again you must follow SAP's recommendation. If they say use a client that doesn't exist that use one that doesn't exist and not one that isn't used.....

Thanks for your input.

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Its very difficult to trace down the SAP ticket across all the components individually.

Here your User ID is not as per the SAP ticket, it indicates to look into the all required authorizations of that User ID and have maintained in same way in sender and receiver systems.

Here your default sy-uname is get used which normally used in SOAP Sender..it is due to problem of the User ID used with SAP ticket ...

Thanks

Swarup