cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change the labels on the different slices in a pie chart

jasonmuzzy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a pie chart in VC 7.0 SPS 15 against a BI 7.0 query that shows the breakdown of on time, early, late and past due receipts. VC uses the number of receipts as the label on each slice, but I want it to show the text associated with each characteristic value e.g. "On Time", "Late", etc., or better yet, both the text AND the number of receipts, or the text AND the percentage e.g. "On Time / 278" or "On Time / 90%".

Can anybody tell me how to do this? I have looked in the modelers guide, reference guide, end user's guide, help.sap.com, and searched this forum and have come up empty-handed.

I understand that pie charts are NOT a preferred way to visualize data in most cases, but I think this usage is appropriate since I'm visualizing the relative breakdown of 4 categories of receipts. See .

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it not possibvle togive dynamic Expressions to get the required labels i.e as you need in VC7.0 .

Its possible with VC 7.1

Govindu

jasonmuzzy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the info. That was a silly thing for them to leave out!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, also it was mentioned in sdn that sap will not enhance VC on 7 and all new enhancements will come on ce. However I see few enhancements between sp13 and sp15. Don't know what's SAP's strategy.

Kiran