cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Sender HTTP/S for a business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will need to receive data from our external business partner. they send data via HTTP with SSL and digital signature.

How do I configure this scenario? I will also need to send data similarly to the business partner.

For Incoming data:

I have all design time objects ready - maps, and message interfaces. Now, in Integration Directory,

-Do I define the party first?

-Do I define Sender agreement? How to specify HTTPS?

-I have the partner's certificate - that has root certs, and the actual certs. Do I load all of them to STRUST? Is there any thing else that I need to do? How do I load my certs - public and private?

-Also, once the data is received by us, it hits the firewall, and the firewall directs the request to appropriate location. In this case, what url should I provide my firewall folks?

As I am new, I tried to search on the forums and I am lost. I am hoping that I can get directed to good documentation, or exlplanation on how this can be done.

Thanks,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

1. You need to make sure SSL is enabled on our ABAP stack. Search SDN and help.sap for the step by step on how this needs to be done.

2. Provide your XI 's Puvlic Certificate to your partner. They will need to accept this certificate request when they hit the requets to XI.

3. As this is a inbound to XI scenario I am not sure why you need your Partner's Certifciate in XI. This is needed only when you use the Receiver HTTP adapter to connect to your client.

4. No Parties are needed for this scenario. The set up remains as it normally is.

5. The URL to be used can be obtained by using the HTTP test tool available on SDN. The only change will be the protocol change to https and port.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (0)