cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initiate Live auction...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SRM 4.0 and configured Live auction.

In the smoketest UME logon is successfully verified.

Then selected "Launch applet" button which opens new applet window which is totally blank with blue background.In the status bar it shows "Applet com.sap.srm.la.client.applet.initiator.InitiatorApplet started".

At the same time I am not able to see "ITS/LOGON" button in the smoketest screen as mentioned in the config document.

My question is

1.What should I get in the applet window when "Launch Applet" button is selected and What is the URL for viewing live auction.

2.How to initiate and where to view the Live auction once auction is created in Sourcing cockpit.

Please explain me as I am new to Live auction functionality.

Thanks

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dennis_vater
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

I know its already a long time ago but I am having a similar problem. When I click on the Live-Auction Button in the auction itself, a login screen is displayed. We are using an internal portal for our purchasers and an external one for our supplier. Besides we are on SRM 7.02. Anyone has an idea how I can change the link or solve the problem on an other way?

Thank you and best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagdish,

If You want to configure Live Auction, You must do as following:

Configure J2EE Engine with Live Auction.

file location: <drive>:\usr\sap\<J2EE_engine>\global\config\srmla\srmla.properties

check this parameters

jco.client.client=<your client number>

jco.client.user=<your comm user>

jco.client.passwd=<password>

#SAP Messege Server, GROUP NAME AND R3 NAME

jco.client.mshost=<application host>

jco.client.group=PUBLIC

jco.client.r3name=<your SID>

#SAP Application Server and SYSTEM NUMBER

jco.client.ashost=<application host>

jco.client.sysnr=<system number>

Try change UM/ITS authentication:

srmla.um=0

In file:

<drive>:\usr\sap\<J2EE instance>\j2ee\j2ee_<number>\properties\mySAP.properties

EXTERNAL_LOGON_URL=<http or https>://<host>:<port>/scripts/wgate/bbp_la_login/!?~laRedirectURL=

for https change:

UM_USE_HTTPS_LOGON=true

SSO_VERIFYPSE_NAME=<drive>:/usr/sap/<instance>/j2ee/j2ee_<number>/properties/sso.pse

1. Properties added for Live Auction

#

UM_SAP_SYSTEM_EBD_client=<your client>

UM_SAP_SYSTEM_EBD_user=<user>

UM_SAP_SYSTEM_EBD_passwd=<password>

UM_SAP_SYSTEM_EBD_lang=<language>

UM_SAP_SYSTEM_EBD_ashost=<application host>

UM_SAP_SYSTEM_EBD_sysnr=<system number>

UM_SAP_SYSTEM_EBD_poolmaxsize=20

UM_DISABLE_DB=true

Save settings and restart J2EE.

in transaction SM59 add a HTTP connection to your web host.

add to your vendor role: SAP_EC_BBP_BIDDER

add to your purchaser role: SAP_EC_BBP_PURCHASER

If You create Auction via Sourcing Cockpit You must configure it.

To do this use role SAP_EC_BBP_PURCHASER -> sourcing -> process auction

Add prefered vendors, start and end time of auction and click 'Live Auction' link.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin/vangala/jagdish:

I am having a situation where the client wants to bring up the Live Auction Cockpit earlier to the whole SRM 4.0 Base system.

My question is that what problems would i face in processing a Live Auction without the base SRM system in the production environment. (Materials, vendors replicated from the backend which i would need?).

Can anybody tell me how this can be done? If not what are the impacts and issues that needs to be addresssed.

Please help guys !!!

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish

To invoke the java applet screen you need to have the relevant JRE wrt LAC2.0

If there is any mismatch, I think one cannot view the applets.

And to access the Live Auctions, you need to maintain a RFC connection to the LAC server.

Initiation of Live Auction can be done either by directly creating the auctions or converting the bid invitations to acutions (reverse auctions).

Once you do that, there will be a link enabled "Live Auction" in the auction overview screen which will take you to the LAC screens.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vangala Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vangala

We have RFC connection established to LAC.

Auction is created in sourcing with all auction properties maintained.

But I am not able to see anything in LAC applet window.

Once Auction is created in sourcing it should be viewed in LAC. Am I right?

In the applet window it shows "Loading Applet...." in the task bar at the bottom. It is plain blank window.

Am I missing anything in the config.

What is the JRE which you were mentioning?

From where java applet is to be invoked?

Thanks

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any suggestions about what is missing in viewing Auction in Live Auction window.

Also what is the URL for accessing Live Auction. We have tried through smoketest page.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish

JRE (Java Runtime Environment) has to be installed on client PC from where you are doing transactions in EBP web broswer.

This is required to invoke the applets of the LAC.

and to find the URL for the LAC in the "process auctions" screen, you will find the link called "Live Auction". Right click on that link and select the "properties", this will list the URL for the LAC.

Regards

Vangala Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vangala

I got it and it is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

I think you are murali from Wipro, right?

If so, Please mail me at nj_reddy@yahoo.com.

I spoke to you long back in Wipro.

Thanks

Jagdish Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jagdish

You got me right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanagala

One morething. I want a Purchaser (with SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASER) to submit the bid on behalf of the bidder.

How to login as bidder and which URL to follow to login. What additional roles a purchaser should have.

Because right now we are having some program bug problem while creating bidders. We have referred to SAP. So cant test with bidders till that problem is resolved.

So I want to test purchaser to submit bids and view in live auction.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish

Assign the role SAP_EC_BBP_BIDDER to the purchaser and login. URL will be of your EBP web browser, as this role is for bidding without using SUS.

Regards

Vangala Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vangala

When logged in EBP browser,I could not find any link to submit the bid. Assigned SAP_EC_BBP_BIDDER role to purchaser.

Instead of EBP,If bidder wants to login to live auction and see the online bidding, what role should he/she have.

We have SUS installed. what config to be maintained betn SUS and bidding?

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish

Have you assigned this role in EBP Org structure as well for the purchaser...? If not assign it.

I think there is no specific role in EBP for live acutions.

There is no direct login to LAC, I believe. One has to go into LAC thru the link "Live Auction" of the Auction/Bid screens.

Regards

Vangala Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vangala

I did give the role SAP_EC_BBP_BIDDER, SAP_BBP_STAL_BIDDER to the purchaser.

But there appears 2 loinks. Process bid and Process user data. Both links point to an error page "404 Not found" "Requested resource does not exist". I need to check with my basis.

What I understood is login person should be an employee of a vendor in the vendor org. Then that employee would be given a UID/PWD. With that ID he can login to EBP system.

Because we are having problem in creating employee for bidder, I am trying a purchaser to login as bidder with bidder role.

Will it work in this way? If so what links should be visible to bidder. Please clarify.

Thanks

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish

If one needs to act as a bidder, he should have a contact person details (like UID/PWD) maintained in SRM (You can maintain in "Manage Business Partner" - Bidder Data screen).

Can you let me know what error you are facing while creating a Bidder in your system, as you said in the above thread chain?

Regards

Vangala Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vangala

We are getting error "Function parameter USER_DEFAULTS is unknown."

In ST22 it says “Function module SUSR_USER_CREATE_CHECKS was called with parameter USER_DEFAULTS. This parameter is not defined"

It seems this a bug in the program. Referred to SAP.

Waiting for their reply.

You mean without creating a contact person details I cannot login as bidder using Purchaser ID?

Why not. Because purchaser is having UID/PWD and even having bidder role assigned.

Thanks

Jagdish