Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deletion of user groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I wanted to delete a list of user groups in PRD system.

do we have any options to delete in mass, instead of deleting it one by one in SUGR. As we have SU10 for mass user changes.

Thanks...

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi..

>

> I wanted to delete a list of user groups in PRD system.

> do we have any options to delete in mass, instead of deleting it one by one in SUGR. As we have SU10 for mass user changes.

>

> Thanks...

Hi Deepan,

One way is

1. Go to SE16 -> USR02 table

2. Acquire the list of people belonging to the group you want to delete

3. Go to SU10 -> Click "Authorization Data" , Paste all the users copied in Step 2 and then execute and transfer the list to SU10 and delete all the users.

By the way, i don't recall the source, i read somewhere that it is not recommended to delete users in PRD.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

thanks for your answer,

I think I am not clear in my question.

I wanted to delete the User groups and not the users.

If we wanted to delete a single user group, we use SUGR and delete one by one. but if we want to delete some 50 groups in mass. do we have any options?..

thanks for your help...

Deepan...

0 Kudos

Okay. I haven't seen any such transaction to maintain Mass User groups.

Other workaround is CATT script.

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you wanting to mass delete user groups on one go from a script? How many do you have?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP does not provide any functionality for deletion of user groups in masses.It can be only be deleted from SUGR and one at a time only.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepan

I now (5 years later) have exactly the same task to do. I have to delete more than 100 Usergroups in about 50 differents systems.

How did you resolve this issue? Is there another possibility provided by SAP than doing this by the use of the transaction SUGR - one after the other?

Of course I could create a little piece of software, but I still had to install and implement this in all 50 systems...

Thanks and kind regards,

Matthias

kchillagundla
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.